For Sale : Vixen/Meade/Skywatcher eyepieces

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
harlequin2902

For Sale : Vixen/Meade/Skywatcher eyepieces

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi all,

Trying to clear some of these items from my dry cab. as I hardly use them nowadays :

UPDATED on 11/6

Meade Series 4000 Plossl 15mm - SOLD

Vixen LV20 - S$100.00

Skywatcher LE 2mm - S$40.00

Other than the LE 2mm eyepiece, all the other eyepieces are without their original boxes. However, I will be willing to include a bolt-style bottle with each "box-less"eyepiece as part of the deal.

All prices are firm.

Genuinely interested parties can view the above items at my place.

Thanks for looking.
Last edited by harlequin2902 on Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Samuel Ng
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Update : 29/5/04

All still available.

Reduced the asking price for the Vixen LV20 from S$130 to S$100.
Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Sam,
I already have my Meade 4mm plossl from CC but I can feel my eyelashes touching the lens when I use it! How long is the eye relief for this 2mm LE EP?
On my ED80 with 600mm fl, that would give a ridiculous x300 but I don't mind trying it at one of our sessions if you still have it by then.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi Sam,
I already have my Meade 4mm plossl from CC but I can feel my eyelashes touching the lens when I use it! How long is the eye relief for this 2mm LE EP?
On my ED80 with 600mm fl, that would give a ridiculous x300 but I don't mind trying it at one of our sessions if you still have it by then.

rich
The eye relief for the Skywatcher LE series is all standard at 20mm.
Samuel Ng
bodoh

Post by bodoh »

harlequin2902 wrote:
Hi Sam,

rich
Hi! Have you sold the 2mm LE yet?
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

It's still available.
Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

bodoh wrote:
harlequin2902 wrote:
Hi Sam,

rich
Hi Bodoh!
As spoken on our intranet, the 2mm is recommended only if your refractor is a short tube, else the magnification would be too high.
Sam showed it to me the other day and I must say I quite like it. It does not have the tiny hole that my 4mm ep has and it size is that of a 26mm plossl rather than a 2mm one. You can meet up with him at Toa Payoh to try it first to see if it suits you...
Else I'll be waiting in the background to try it before deciding if I want it ...
:lol:

rich
bodoh

Post by bodoh »

Airconvent wrote:
bodoh wrote:
harlequin2902 wrote: The eye relief for the Skywatcher LE series is all standard at 20mm.
Hi Bodoh!
As spoken on our intranet, the 2mm is recommended only if your refractor is a short tube, else the magnification would be too high.
Sam showed it to me the other day and I must say I quite like it. It does not have the tiny hole that my 4mm ep has and it size is that of a 26mm plossl rather than a 2mm one. You can meet up with him at Toa Payoh to try it first to see if it suits you...
Else I'll be waiting in the background to try it before deciding if I want it ...
:lol:

rich
Dear Rich,

Just got the nighthawk from aquacocao. So short tube it is :)
The 2mm Le is attractive mainly because of the eye relief.
By the way is your 9mm UO ortho still available?
Am also thinking about your ultima barlow.

The hardest past of all this is to take things slow with my accumalation of EPs :lol:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

bodoh wrote: Dear Rich,
Just got the nighthawk from aquacocao. So short tube it is :)
The 2mm Le is attractive mainly because of the eye relief.
By the way is your 9mm UO ortho still available?
Am also thinking about your ultima barlow.
The hardest part of all this is to take things slow with my accumalation of EPs :lol:
Hi Bodoh
Congrats on your acquisition and welcome to Singastro!
I'm not really selling an ultima Barlow. I am asking to swap my televue x2.5 for an ultima x2 + $30 top up. I'm not selling any 9mm ortho as I don't own any! You may have mixed me up with someone. In anycase, I think Samuel's Meade 15mm would be a worthy addition to your collection as the series 4000 is really quite a good eyepiece. Don't forget a 32mm as well....

rich