MPAstro Astrofair

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Chris

MPAstro Astrofair

Post by Chris »

Dear all,

The Marine Parade Astronomical Society will be hosting Astronomy Fair for the 2nd time on the 1st of october.

Venue will be at Marine Parade Community Centre foyer, from 6pm till 9.30pm.

I would like to extend an invitation to all interested Singastro members to bring their scopes down to support the event. Sidewalk will be conducted on the ground level, while some telescopes will be located on the roof tops.

Apart from observations, we also have poster exhibitions, a model of the solar system, documentary screening and various exhibition booths.

Table and chairs will be provided. Free pop-corn and drinks will be included as well.

Please reply by the 30th september regarding the model of the scope you are bringing and state any other preferences.

Thank you,
Chris
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Post by shirox »

oo too bad will be at Punggai, if not will sure to attend. Have Fun!!!!!
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hey Chris. Can't confirm my schedule now. Will try to drop by with or without scope but will most probably need to leave early (before 9pm) on that day. Can't wait to see your final versions of the amazing posters. :)
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
calmwhite

Re: MPAstro Astrofair

Post by calmwhite »

Hi everyone! (:

Here are the details for the event as mentioned by chris. Chris, thanks for the introduction. ^^

Lets pray for good weather on that day!

Best regards,
Vanessa.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Chris and Vanessa. Thanks for the organising the event! I had fun mingling with the crowd and the scopes. The comet demo is very cool literally. The exhibits and models are very well done. Very happy to see Vixen PORTA mounts dominating the stargazing section :P Hopefully my weekend evenings next year will be less hectic so that I can bring my scopes for AstroFair 2012 before the World Ends! LOL

[smilie=evil-smile.gif]
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
calmwhite

Post by calmwhite »

Hi Gary, thanks for dropping by to our event! Great to see you around! Sadly, the skies were not very clear, or else we would have attracted a bigger crowd. :) once again, thank you!