Guys, please be careful when you deal with Astromart

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

Mine was registered a long while back. Initially he ignored my application but after some mails to him, it was eventually approved.
I suggest you use proper emails like cyberway, singnet or pacnet.
He frowns on web-based mail like hotmail and yahoo as its easy to change by conmen...
True. I've just read this post and can see the its going on for quite sometime? Anyway I was lucky that I dealt with a resonable guy and he trusted me to ship his scope after 1 wk he transfered his money over via paypal, and gave me a gd rating after that ( fair amount of money, not a few hundreds...).

I think when we are selling it shldnt be a problem, unless you are buying. By the way, paypal can only withdraw 500 USD a month( and I mean a month ) and transfer 250 USD a month, unless you give more details proving you have a credit card. There is another internet service called escrow which I was tempted to try but didnt. Anyone with good experience?
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers
Bellgal

Post by Bellgal »

I registered today, and after 10 mins, they sent me an email to activate my account. So they have not start banning Singporeans yet... :lol: