Denkmeier 2"OCS for Astrophotography

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Denkmeier 2"OCS for Astrophotography

Post by shirox »

Hi people,

Need to tap on the knowledge of gurus here with regards to this product from Denkmeier.

I have a Intes Micro MN61. And to reach focus with a DSLR is not possible even with a low profile focuser. There are a few ways to reach focus:

1. Cut the tube by 1 - 1.5inches at the mirror end and bring forward the mirror.

or

2. Get a Denkmeier 2"OCS and increase the focal length to 1200mm. (originally 900mm)

As i'm not too familiar with this product, I understand this is a component for the popular bino viewers. With a T-ring and removing the center portion, the 2" OCS can be mated to DSLR and allows the camera to reach focus with Newtonians or MN in my case.

Anyone has any prior experience to verify if this will work? And if anyone has one for me to T-loan for a short period of time so I can test it out before I make an commitment to purchase it.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Elton
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!
wucheeyiun

Re: Denkmeier 2"OCS for Astrophotography

Post by wucheeyiun »

Hi Elton.
I have the Denk 2" OCS (Optical Corrector System ) that came with the Denk 2 Binoviewer super system package.
It is essentially a 1.2x threaded barlow lens visual back, which will allow a host of equipment's ie Binoviewer, DSLR etc and to come to focus especially for refractors or newts. You don't need this for SCT as the focusing adjustment for SCT is much wider.
example ...

It is the same as getting a 2 inch barlow ie TV Big Barlow, the advantage it that the threaded lens is much lighter, and there is a tube extender that came with the system, which will be able to do fine adjustments between the lens and the CCD.

Image acquired by such lens are generally sharp if focus is achievable.

The OCS threaded barlow can also be screwed onto standard 2" Diagonal too for image acquisition for binoviewer or DSLR.

Last edited by wucheeyiun on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Post by shirox »

wow thanks for the info Wu!
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

No probs...if you need to try out, i can pass it to you for testing :)