Laser collimator for Newtonians

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
orly_andico

Laser collimator for Newtonians

Post by orly_andico »

I just got mine today, from ebay. Seller is "seben-europe" and it costs $34 US including free shipping to Singapore!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380394654594

and, surprisingly, when I did the "rotate the collimator in the focuser" it is in good-enough collimation itself that it is useable as-is without having to tinker with it.

So as-is, it can be used for collimating the secondary and rough collimation of the primary. Then pop it into a Barlow lens and it can be used for fine collimation of the primary.

A fantastic deal for $34... it did take almost 4 weeks to get here (ordered 23 September, arrived today) so if you've been wanting to collimate your newtonian easily, now's the time to grab one!
Hardwarezone
Favourite scope: maksutov

Re: Laser collimator for Newtonians

Post by Hardwarezone »

I bought the SGD$25 barlow from that seller back in June, decent quality and usable.

You can find dozens of customer reviews if u search for items of that brand on amazon.co.uk
Last edited by Hardwarezone on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

Re: Laser collimator for Newtonians

Post by Gary »

@orly and @hardwarezone - Thanks for sharing your positive online buying experience with this seller. May help other potential buyers to save some money.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.