Which tripod?

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
orly_andico

Re: Which tripod?

Post by orly_andico »

oh wow. that's good to hear. you actually got yours before i did, because mine was customized.

yes the bottom of the legs look pretty spindly. but i think if they snap Berlebach will send new ones.

still, i hope/think there is no reason to doubt Berlebach's 55lb rating. i'm carrying about 40lb on mine. and you are right damping is very good, better than my Gitzo series III.

Great Red Spot
Favourite scope: Newtonian

Post by Great Red Spot »

Good to hear that it works for you too, Orly. Is yours also a Report 112-type? One problem I had was in attaching the accessory tray. It doesn't seem to latch on readily. I had to remove and reattach the screws on each leg ... or am I missing something?

I think being able to track at 483x using a 5mm orthoscopic eyepiece at 2415mm focal length says quite a lot about the set up. Lots of credit to the mount, but I think the tripod deserves a good praise too. Small setup, bit payload.

orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

Yes mine is also a Report 112, but it is shortened to 18" transportation length so it is much, much shorter than a regular Report 112.

I also had some trouble with that darn tray. You have to really press it into the matching rod on the tripod legs, there is a sort of crimp in the U-shaped latch on the tray, so it snap very positively onto the rod and is very stable/difficult to remove afterwards.
Great Red Spot
Favourite scope: Newtonian

Post by Great Red Spot »

After using my new set up for some time, I totally recommend it. Even without the wooden spreader, in which case the tripod legs will have to be closer together, the 10kg Mewlon 210 is well taken care off. Vibration suppression is still good even when I omit the anti-vibration pads. The whole set up can be carried and moved at one go with relative ease.

More pics :)