TinyMOS astronomy camera!

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Grey
Favourite scope: Tiny1 camera of course

TinyMOS astronomy camera!

Post by Grey »

ASI ZWO 120MC with a MARSboard (android dev kit)

Hey guys,

I'm Grey and this is my first post here! :D Been a lurker of this forum on and off, went on the Mersing trip with Remus and some of the guys over here in May last year and June this year. Some of you guys (Gavin, Mike, Qi Xiang and a few others) knew about what I was doing since last May.

Basically, we are making an astro camera that's accessible to the mass market - a compact interchangeable lens camera for wide fields (Milky Way etc) and planets.

It started off with a school project from NUS, when I realised that the ZWO ASI 120MC can be used to take Milky Way images. It wasn't fantastic, but it proved that low light imagery wasn't impossible to do with a small sensor, so long as the QE is high enough and the lens is suitably bright. I roped up my Prof, an NUS classmate and a secondary school friend and built a prototype. We slapped a 120MC to a Marsboard (android dev kit) and built a standalone small sensor camera. It wasn't perfect but it proved the point and we went on from there.

We wanted to do better so we started the company and began development work in earnest. So that the everyday person can pick up a TinyMOS camera and begin the long journey of learning how to do astronomy imaging. Hope that you guys are interested in what we do, would love feedback on what you guys expect our camera to do!

Thanks,
Grey

Milky Way June 2015 during the Mersing Trip (4mm F1.2 lens on the latest prototype, not the 120MC)

Moon, early 2015 from Singapore (500mm F6.3 Samyang on latest prototype)

Check us out at http://www.tinymos.com . Please subscribe to our mailing list too so that we can contact you guys and get feedback! [smilie=admire2.gif]