12 months of the night sky

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
Paramount

12 months of the night sky

Post by Paramount »

Hi
I haven't posted in a while as I have been busy helping maintain my parent in law's house after they died and there is a lot of work that needs doing there while it is being sold. This has meant that my main imaging sessions have had to take a back burner for a while. In the meantime I have been having a go with some simpler imaging with my DSLRs doing stills, star trails and time lapses. Here is a combination of what I have done during the last 12 months. They were taken with a Canon 80D and more recently a Sony A7S II with a Samyang 18mm f2.8, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 and Tamron 15-30mm f2.8 Exposures range between 10 and 30 seconds and ISO between 800 and 25600. I also use a Rhino Camera Gear Evo carbon slider with Motion and Arc for the movement of the foreground and background in some of the time lapse clips. A combination of Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, Time Lapse Tool and Movie Maker were used in the processing.
The movie is at the link below and is best viewed in HD
Hope you enjoy it
Best wishes
Gordon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R161lbi--G4&t=47s
Using Sony A7Sii & A7iii, Samyang 12mm f2.8, 24mm f1.4 & 85mm f1.4 lenses, Dynamic Perceptions Stage 1 slider & Sapphire Pro, Timelapse +view intervalometer. Please visit my website https://www.inthestillofthenight.space for more info
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: 12 months of the night sky

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Gordon,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Welcome back and kudos for an awesome video!
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets