croy's posts

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

Clifford60 wrote:那你是不知咯,因为你根本没法子拿出数据来证明你的理论是百分之一百对的哦,所以还是劝你不要自作聪明哦,笨是没有药医的哦,少说一句也不会死的哦,哈哈哈
thank you for sharing your wisdom. ha ha indeed [smilie=dong.gif]

i concede defeat in the face your regal intelligence

pls help beg the admin/mod not to ban me. please... [smilie=beg.gif]
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

oh my! this must certainly be the most popular post for the day....from the start it was just 2 pages, and the end of the day, 6 pages.... what does this speak of the community?

seriously....to all bickering parties, if u have all seen (physically) and known/met each other, this may not even happen....i am able to say this, because i have met all the affected parties (including king kong himself in person). It is really unfair in all earnest to see this happening in a forum that is supposed to be enjoyable, but the devils within us strive to come out, and be attention-grabbers, portray ourselves as stubborn horses, and worse, we also have those who come to add "fuel to the fire". why all this i ask? and even more, all the affected parties are ADULTS, not KIDS, and some of u already have kids. Just imagine if your kids are looking at this thread!

Mr Chia (superiorstream) has been a valuable contributor, especially for his solar observational analyses in particular, i have also met him a few times in person, at A2008, at buy/sell transactions, etc. He is a passionate man, but he also holds strong his beliefs very much. No one can blame him, if I am older, I would too.

Mr Kong (kingkong) (from eastern Malaysia), I have met him when he came to Singapore, and even came over to visit me at my place. We chatted a lot, and from this experience with him, I can see he is also a passionate man in astronomy, his obervatory building pursuits and all.

Clifford, I have known for a few years, also another passionate fellow, just see him teach the newbies at sessions, u will see how he is like.

Elton (shirox), a very avid, enthusiastic up-and-coming imager (though sometimes a bit brash!), but he has a heart and sensitivity for things normally not seen through the eyes of other people.

Stuart (croys), I've said about him before, and also met.

Dudes! Wake up! Show your good sides! But please, you guys are all contributing to this thread (and previous) like mad-dogs. What happen to you, yes you, the one others and myself know???

Chia has made a good point about not leaving stones unturn in science (pardon if i have summarised wrongly!), but Kong has also made valid comments about open-mindedness (it has enlightened me further), and Clifford with his supporting statements.

All of you should not be saying about quitting the forum. We are all human beings. We err, we can be impatient, we fume, but chill, let it all pass behind us, sometimes I wish we could have another A2011, or A2012, and get EVERYONE together once again....that would be good times!

For now, just have a listening ear for others. Like Tim also said, all of us really need to THINK before posting, what the consequences are. You cannot say/think childish things like "you don't care anymore", or "why should I", cause your actions in the forum is read MANY TIMES over by the public that browse, the people you cared, and your friends. What would they think of you? Also, what will your writings/bickerings prove? That you are a stronger (bigger voiced) person?

It's so silly, really.

Love ya all! Cheers!

BTW, it's seems to be clear tonight. Go out! Breathe the fresh air too!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
milnek

Post by milnek »

Couldn't agree more, people go out and talk a walk and breath in some fresh air!
Last edited by milnek on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Razsky

Post by Razsky »

650mm, 130mm Vixen R130Sf f/5 Newtonian on Porta
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

rcj wrote:BTW, it's seems to be clear tonight. Go out! Breathe the fresh air too!
raining cat & dog here. [smilie=depressed.gif] this is what happens to astronomers on rainy days. it's like pms...
milnek

Post by milnek »

Kingkong, i do agreed with you on all those you had mentioned. However, with due respect, the word highlighted below should be correctly spelled as Singaporean and not in the way you had spell them.

I believe in mutual respect and on agree to disagree on a forum setting. I'm not sure whether would you like me to spell Malaysian in any funny way which i'm sure i'm capable of doing so. Maybe you don't care but i do and it mattes to me since this is where i'm born and raise.

Peace!

kingkong wrote:it looks like many thinks that the mod/admin have been unreasonable or simply has no right to discourage unscientific claims in singastro. so i must come in to say again, this is an astronomy forum, where science - in facts & in methods are important. the "standard practices" observed in other forms might not be applicable/acceptable here because this should be more than just a "hobby" forum.

by accepting unscientific claims and propositions as "fair enough" in a forum like this will reflect very badly on its members and the society that its members are drawn from. if one is to make an assumption on the reasons why croys left, one only has to recall his own words that he's thinking of leaving because of the prevailing "scientific illiteracy". (sorry, there is no more reference to support that, so if you want to assert that croys didn't say that, it's just your words against mine :twisted: )

if you think being called voodoo-science in singlish hurts, perhaps you should try propagating the same bs in bigger, renown astronomy forums (like CN, perhaps?) and see what kind of responses you will get from them. you should not be surprised that the angmohs' tolerance for bs is much much lower than asians, and sinkabolians in general, and they don't pull their punches.

again, feel free to prove me wrong. [smilie=kick.gif]
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

milnek wrote:Kingkong, i do agreed with you on all those you had mentioned. However, with due respect, the word highlighted below should be correctly spelled as Singaporean and not in the way you had spell them.
my apologies to you and others offended by my myglish spelling of singapore.

and to all angmohs offended by my racist term.

and in my lack of capitalisation and general irreverence not befitting my age.

[smilie=beg.gif]
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Hi guys
Thanks Remus for that reply to get things into perspective.

This is after all an astronomy forum, frequented by all age groups, so posts must be family-friendly and should not contain misleading information. So while it is ok to post hypotheses or speculate on things uncertain in this forum, they should not be mis-represented or pushed as facts without sufficient evidence. And if hypotheses are posted, it is natural that some will challenge it. The key is to keep discussion civil and I can assure you that than the mods or admin will not lock the thread.

Also, please do not use unsavoury language in this forum. What’s unsavoury language? Any word or phrase that requires disguise using acronyms or characters (@# for example).

Thanks and let’s revert to normal, friendlier times ok?
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi
I'm in discussion with the admin group whether to delete this thread as it has brought out the worse in everyone. You may feel hyped now but years later if you ever revisit the thread, you would have wondered, is that stranger really me??! Come on, all these years I have understood astronomers tend to be a gentle and friendly bunch...so get back on track and revert back to our passion!

Tonight's moon may not be as round as the one on Monday's Mooncake Festival night but nonetheless, it was very orangy. So take a sip of tea, chew a leftover mooncake , go out to the window and look out for the fairy and the heavenly rabbit.

[smilie=wow2.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets