croy's posts

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Are you able to use scientific or mathematical calculation method to proof that he is wrong on his linkage? If yes, please show us and we will appreciate your great effort for the education. If not, why do you think it is impossible to happen with your limited knowledge and don't be AI.

Human knowledge about the universe is still in the infancy stage, there is too many things human don't know. In this field, many are based on observation, then hypothesis before it becomes fact much later. In the observation, many people will come out with many hypotheses, who is right and who is wrong, till the day it can be proven mathematically or the reveal of the actual event, no one can be 100% sure which and who is right. Do you think computer modeling is correct? To me, I am not sure because the mathematical model is based on human limited knowledge assumption.

Be open minded doesn't mean that I have to agree with him. It is just that I don't know whether it will happen with my "science illiteracy" knowledge. I just don't want to rule out the possibility. If it doesn't happen or proven wrong later, I have nothing to loss, in fact I have something to gain out of it.

Like what you mentioned earlier that you are “百毒不侵” and can take any insult, it doesn't mean that everyone is the same as you. In a debate or discussion, you can be very critical about the issue, but never ever insult others intelligence only later to realize that you are actually frog in the well。 “得饶人处且饶人” and “谦虚” are virtues, also remember that “山水都有相逢日,人生何处不相逢”. (If you don't understand what I write in Chinese, there is always Google Translate). Didn't you realize that you are the fire starter? If you don't, I have nothing to say.

Anyway, you chose what you want to believe and others can do their own judgment. There isn't much to further discuss on this matter between the different schools otherwise we can discuss, argue till the cow come home, we are still in the different schools. You disagree, I am not sure and he is in for it, so how? Of course, if you can do as in the 1st para, then you can get everyone into one view.

Last but not least, what make you think that I feel insulted, hahaha, don't assume.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

知之为知之 不知为不知 是知也
Gary

Post by Gary »

Sorry guys. I really couldn't resist this time! You guys are having so much fun here!

This is a super off-topic post of the off-topic posts KingKong and Clifford just made.

If anyone didn't understand the Chinese phrase quoted by KingKong and heed Clifford's advice to use google translate, he/she will really laugh his/her head off.

This is google's translation of "知之为知之 不知为不知 是知也" :

I do not know know know of as I do not know is knowledge

For added comic effect, click on the speaker icon and hear the female voice saying that! LOLOLOL :)
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

So urm....what about Pluto?
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

hahaha, Chinese also needs punctuation la,

知之为知之, 不知为不知, 是知也 = Known as know, I do not know as I do not know, is knowledge - not perfect but make more sense.

The 1st 4 are related to know or 知道,the last is related to intelligent or 智,聪明
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

timatworksg wrote:So urm....what about Pluto?
冥王星 not Mickey's dog, haha
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

kingkong wrote:知之为知之 不知为不知 是知也
那你是不知咯,因为你根本没法子拿出数据来证明你的理论是百分之一百对的哦,所以还是劝你不要自作聪明哦,笨是没有药医的哦,少说一句也不会死的哦,哈哈哈
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Clifford60 wrote:
kingkong wrote:知之为知之 不知为不知 是知也
那你是不知咯,因为你根本没法子拿出数据来证明你的理论是百分之一百的对哦,所以还是劝你不要自作聪明哦,笨是没有药医的哦,少说一句也不会死的哦,哈哈哈
Guys, please refrain yourself and no personal attack leh... even written in other language... [smilie=bad-atmosphere.gif]

Also, don't go OT and try to use English as the main language as this is basically an English forum... not all our members are Chinese, ok?

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Lets move on, our community is small and we do enjoy each other company.
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Post by shirox »

usually the problem revolves around 1 person. The mods and admins should tell this person to STFU, and problem will be solved
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!