Offer Alert : 70 years of Sky & Telescope Mag on DVD!

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Offer Alert : 70 years of Sky & Telescope Mag on DVD!

Post by Airconvent »

Missed any issues on your Sky and Telescope magazines? Or a newbie looking to buy back issues?

Well I just got an advert from S&T that they have launched a package deal to sell ALL their back issues of all the way from 1940 to present day on DVDs. Do check it out. Seems the shipping is not free for residents outside of the US. And the bookshelf is misleading as they are not selling the hardcopies but DVDs only.

http://www.shopatsky.com/product/The-Co ... w-arrivals

Hardcopies not included !
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Richard. Thanks for the info.

Astronomy Magazine also have something similiar on DVD. The full collection from 1973 - 2010:
http://links.mkt746.com/servlet/MailVie ... &mt=1&rt=0
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

I have ordered the Astronomy DVDs rather than the S&T, even though few months back S&T was having an offer on their DVDs.

I have current subscriptions for both, but I have found the Astronomy DVD offering more compelling - do check it out!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Tachyon wrote:I have ordered the Astronomy DVDs rather than the S&T, even though few months back S&T was having an offer on their DVDs.

I have current subscriptions for both, but I have found the Astronomy DVD offering more compelling - do check it out!
Why agonise over decisions...just get both! haha...
Anyway, I am thinking of re-subscribing to S&T after a long hiatus. I did notice one thing. 10 years back both Astronomy, S&T (and even PC World and PC Mag) were so thick but these days, they are as thin as the Mad magazine... [smilie=cute.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Astronomy

Post by kochu »

Hi,

I have subscriptions for both mags in print and digital formats. For print subscribers, only about 10 $ extra to be added for digital subscription for one year, which I think is very reasonable. Content-wise I prefer Astronomy.
I could run Astronomy's "Zinio" e-book directly on iPad (not iPad-2). S&T through "nex" e-book, had to be pasted on iPad after down loading it as PDF and then importing it through iTunes , though latest S&T blurbs were indicating that their Digital edition is compatible with iPads. I do not know whether I am doing any thing wrong !. Has any one tried directly importing S &T to iPad?.

Running directly on iPad has the advantage that Makers site can be accessed directly.

Kochu/20-9-1