For Sale: Padded Soft Case for Fork-Mounted 8" SCT

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
ariefm71

For Sale: Padded Soft Case for Fork-Mounted 8" SCT

Post by ariefm71 »

Designed by www.casesandcovers.com to fit both OTA and fork mount. Used around three or four times only to transport my previous fork-mounted C8 before i moved to alt-azi mount.

Constructed from 1000 denier Cordura nylon and 210 denier lining. Integrated webbing handle. Nylon Lined and heavily padded with 1/2" high density foam on the sides and bottom and 1" foam on the front and back. Made in USA.

Should be able to to carry up to 11" SCT OTA (without fork mount).

Look for review here: http://ngc1514.com/Celestron/carry.htm

(tripod bag and trolley not included)

Price is $220 firm

Thanks for looking,
Arief
Last edited by ariefm71 on Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
anat

Post by anat »

Arief:

This is my first post on this webboard. I am interested in your case. Is it in the backpack style? I am looking for a case for camping with my 8" LX10.

Anat
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Arief:

This is my first post on this webboard. I am interested in your case. Is it in the backpack style? I am looking for a case for camping with my 8" LX10.

Anat
Hi Anat, welcome to Singastro!
Due to its size, the case was not designed for backpacking. It is meant to transport the OTA and fork mount securely in the trunk of a car. I used a generic trolley to move it around on hard surface (on grass, i recommend a trolley with bigger, rubber wheel).

Arief
anat

Post by anat »

Arief:

Could you please post the photo or elaborate more on the handle that comes with the case? It is not clear for me. From the photo above, it looks like there are two backpack straps on the back of the case. Am I correct? My scope weighs about 20 lb. Thank you.

Anat
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

anat wrote:Arief:

Could you please post the photo or elaborate more on the handle that comes with the case? It is not clear for me. From the photo above, it looks like there are two backpack straps on the back of the case. Am I correct? My scope weighs about 20 lb. Thank you.

Anat
Hi Anat,
Welcome to Singastro! Do update your equipment list under the equipment forum.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Arief:

Anat
Hi Anat, as the case was not designed for backpacking, the straps are only on the top of the case and were used to lift the case up. Being said that, you should be able to modify the case by attaching backpack straps (need to use strong materials for that). I have updated the description of the case material above.

Arief

Btw, i believe the 8" lx10 ota weighs 19lbs, with the fork mount it should be around 35-40lbs.
anat

Post by anat »

Arief:

Thank you for your clarification. So, I think it may be easier for me to find a tough backpack and put foam inside. I will pass this offer to other interested persons. Arief, thanks for your time. BTW, I forgot the weight of the fork mount :)

Anat