SP ASTRONOMERS FUNOMYNIGHT INVITE

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

SP ASTRONOMERS FUNOMYNIGHT INVITE

Post by kcy »

Hi.

Sp astronomers would like to invite members of singastro to our event-Funomynite 2004, 16th July friday. Venue is @ singapore poly LT14A from 6-10pm.

The program of that day would be a astronomerical introductory talk and short observation. Those who are interested please PM me with your name and contact number. For more info, please contact me @ 94510679.
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

A BIG THANK YOU to Minzhi, Zhongyao and company for organising the event and inviting Singastro to be there.
The event started with a very eloquent Minzhi giving a short intro as well as a slide show of the recent Mersing trip...yup...all the images such as Samuel in his "VinSnr" overall were decked out in its full glory!
This was followed by a intro talk on astronomy.
No doubt the topic was already very familiar to us but the enthusiasm shown by guest "speakress" Woei Jiin and speaker Faizal were very good. they had a very good presentation and spoke clearly without those "uhs" and "ahs" to mar the talk..! Good show!
From Singastro : Mooey, CC, Chung Hooi, Mr Au, Remus (of course!!) , Woei Jiin, and myself. Regular Wira could not make it as he was not feeling well.
The lecture theatre was packed to the brim and overflowing!
There was some disappointment after the talk as the sky did not permit any observation but a presentation was shown instead.
I only hope that Zhongye would make the photos tonight available for our download especially the group photo.

once again, thanks!

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

The event started with a very eloquent Minzhi giving a short intro as well as a slide show of the recent Mersing trip...yup...all the images such as Samuel in his "VinSnr" overall were decked out in its full glory!
Eeks ! :oops:

Nice to know that the turnout was superb. Pity I couldn't go as I was buried under lotsa work again...

Looking forward to see the pics.
Samuel Ng
luke5v8

Post by luke5v8 »

I wanted to go, but didn't really gether enough courage coz I had a "fear" that most of those who attends such formal talks are pros..... have a phobia :oops:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

luke5v8 wrote:I wanted to go, but didn't really gether enough courage coz I had a "fear" that most of those who attends such formal talks are pros..... have a phobia :oops:
oh no...
what a meaningless reason not to go...poor wira was sick, that is why he could not make it. in fact, funomymite is meant to promote the hobby and astro club to SP freshies...so 90+% of the people are newbies..you would have a lot of company!
aiyah....

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
luke5v8

Post by luke5v8 »

perhaps when i get to know more of u guys, i can tag along.....
hee hee....
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

Ha, the only way to know us better is for you to attend our observations, regularly. :D Well, you missed the first one, but there's still a lot more fridays to go!
Do join us one of these days.

Regards,
Sam
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!