Gravity Movie - opening 10 Oct 2013! Sneak peeks 4 - 6 Oct

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Re: Gravity Movie - opening 10 Oct 2013! Sneak peeks 4 - 6 O

Post by antares2063 »

i remember that Contact movie , aha...so long ago
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
Gary

Post by Gary »

VeeJay wrote:Absolutely stunning effects! I LOVED this movie!!
Now imagine if they'd cast Jodie Foster instead of Sandra Bullock ... I'd have gone mad in ecstasy :)
Haha. Given a choice, Angelina Jolie for me!
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Wah piang.......... I can't believe I wasted my 12 sgd on such a sappy and crappy show that in my opinion isn't fit even to be a 'B' grade movie. There is really too much logical and factual error that even a small kid can point out, really is epic face palm. Just to list down a few here

1) What sort of jet pack is Clooney wearing that allows him to skirt around freely around the space station? If such a device ever to exist, won't NASA though of equipping all their crew members with that so as to do away with the hassle of the harness?

2) What did the Russian just test in space? An AnSat test creating a hailstorm of debris that wrecked every single space station and satellite in space. The world powers have all tested such devices in the past, but I don't ever remember any space craft being destroyed or damaged right?

3) What on earth hit shariff's face? Why the hole looks so perfect, if hit by something that size, his head would have been gone all together, eons ago.

4) When Sandra tried to enter the space station, why are there no partial pressurized compartment segregating the exterior and the main chambers? And when Sandra was hallucinating Clooney re-entering the space vessel, why did she try to shield here face, by right she should be rushing to put on here helmet right, considering that space do not have any air at all, shouldn't that be the first response?

5) Lastly, the biggest mystery of all, when Sandra got into the Soyuz, why on earth did she not head straight from earth? Why did she bother to head for Tian Gong? The distance of the ISS to earth compared moon to earth is so much nearer, if the Apollo 11 re-entry capsule can launch the astronauts from moon to earth, I don't see how the Soyuz can't.
bornfree
Favourite scope: Still searching for "The Eye"

Post by bornfree »

erm.. just watched the movie again in IMAX 3D for the second time. really watching for the visuals not the storyline, but some of the things are what i understood from the movie.

the suit Clooney was wearing was a prototype he was testing. if they have to do work suspended in micro gravity, they have to be anchored down to something.

question 2 had been answered in another youtube video stating that it was near impossible. if the story line wasnt written this way, heck, there is no suspense to the movie. and yeah, note to self: This is a movie not a documentary.

question 3 probably a small piece of steel traveling at 2000km/h

question 4. by right, Clooney should not have been able to access via that side door. else why Sandra had to always enter n exit from the top? as u have said, she is hallucinating. probably her first reaction was to cover her face. else she would have died. maybe to also hint the viewers it was an illusion.

question 5. the parachute had deployed. it was not usable for re-entry. that is why they had to use the tian gong's escape pod.

my question would be, how did it get deployed in the first place? since deployment would first require the modules to be disengaged.

since this is just a movie, not based on a true story, not a documentary, i just threw logic out the window n enjoy the visuals n the space views~
Born to be Free
Gary

Post by Gary »

Alfonso Cuarón won Best Director for Gravity at recent Golden Globes!

Warner Bros excited to announce that Gravity will be re-released in theaters nationwide on Jan. 17!
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... tYLoNIW3h5

Looks like a lot more people is going to "waste" their money on a sappy and crappy sub B-grade movie. :P

-- John Dobson.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Gravity won 7 Oscars. Enough said!

-- John Dobson.