Weatherproof/Plastic Planisphere

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
shadowoflight

Weatherproof/Plastic Planisphere

Post by shadowoflight »

Hey guys,

Looking for a plastic planisphere for the equator.

Here's the thing. I used to be with NP Astro and we had this blue/purple plastic planisphere that I liked and it wasn't too expensive ($10-ish? Less than astro scientific definitely). I've been asking around and it seems like nobody knows how it came along. I lost mine =(

So just throwing it out there.

Doesn't have to be the exact one, but any recommendations? My cardboard one is getting crumply and soggy. zzz lol
Gary

Re: Weatherproof/Plastic Planisphere

Post by Gary »

shadowoflight wrote:Hey guys,

Looking for a plastic planisphere for the equator.

Here's the thing. I used to be with NP Astro and we had this blue/purple plastic planisphere that I liked and it wasn't too expensive ($10-ish? Less than astro scientific definitely). I've been asking around and it seems like nobody knows how it came along. I lost mine =(

So just throwing it out there.

Doesn't have to be the exact one, but any recommendations? My cardboard one is getting crumply and soggy. zzz lol
Welcome back to the forum after a long break! There should be some current and ex NP astro people in this forum. Hope they can help you out. If you manage to find it, do share with us here so others may benefit from such a planisphere.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.