Citizen Science Projects

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
ABC1234
Favourite scope: Celestron Nexstar 6SE

Citizen Science Projects

Post by ABC1234 »

Hi guys!

Some of you might know about this already, but I shall post it here in case some of you aren't aware
of the zooniverse citizen science projects.

I discovered this several months ago and have taken part in some of them, mostly astronomy stuff. These projects let you contribute to ongoing research projects such as the finding of planets or gravitational lenses. The website is easy to use and you are given sufficient yet brief training to get started on the research projects. After the training, it is very easy to help take part in the projects. There's a lot to discover and I recommend checking the website out yourself. This is an awesome and fun way to spend cloudy nights this monsoon season and gain some educational titbits too!

Note: I am not affiliated with the website and I am just helping you guys find something fun to do.
Note 2: I am not certain about the authenticity of the site but it does seem genuine, judging from other amateur astronomy forums and wikipedia.
mariareese

Re: Citizen Science Projects

Post by mariareese »

I am already aware about it since many years .. :D