Alnitak & Horse Head - Bedok South Feb 2014

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Alnitak & Horse Head - Bedok South Feb 2014

Post by PETER LOO »

(Horse Head Nebula & Flame Nebula) taken on 18 Feb 2014 at Bedok South field. Used Log stretch before combining. Canon 500D ISO 1600 1.5 - 3.0 mins subs. Used Celestron UHC Filter, selected approx 25 mins cumulative. Final result still noisy due to camera un-cooled, GPD2 SSAG Guided. TSAPO906C at F6.6, 600mm FL as imaging scope.

ImageHorse Hd final 18 Feb 14 by Astro shots & stuff, on Flickr
beginner

Re: Alnitak & Horse Head - Bedok South Feb 2014

Post by beginner »

Peter,

Not bad.. for such short exposure.

Thanks for sharing.
PETER LOO

Post by PETER LOO »

Thank you Sir, :D we try it out again next round (Feb 15) at D'Kranji, where 5 - 6 mins expossure should be sustainable ?
kimo

Post by kimo »

Very nice pic. love to learn from you.
PETER LOO

Post by PETER LOO »

Thanks buddy, we are about the same, most of the time your shots are better and sometime mine, we want to learn from real solid Astro Photographers. At the same time, I wish to appeal that those sifus & more capable APer not to label, tekan or hantam some other fellow Astro Photographer, all should be given room to grow & develope ...
Last edited by PETER LOO on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mymoon

Post by mymoon »

Dear Peter

Tahniah. Looks good for a LP area. Try at a rural setting and you will be amazed at the difference. The laws of physics lah does not give allowance for the not so young.

On the other subject unfortunately the price we pay for kelas dewasa is waterface. Tebal kan muka and you get more teachers and get educated super quick.

So in the right ear and out the left ear the not so pleasant comments but filter and retain between the ears the ilmu. That is based on personal experience. Otherwise it will cost you money.

BTW the sky in KL hancur. My gear is mothballed and will remain till after raya.

Cheers

Aziz
PETER LOO

Post by PETER LOO »

Thank you Aziz, you reminds me of my nice Cikgu back at home town :P , good advice on both points will be followed, don't know why my ego [smilie=evil-smile.gif] sart to grow fat alongside with my waist line again, ha .. ha .. , thanks for reminding, hope to visit you someday, have a nice day :)
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

The Horse from Singapore...a very impressive beginner attempt! [smilie=admire.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
PETER LOO

Post by PETER LOO »

Thanks Airconvent, please let me qualify for intermediate lah [smilie=crying2.gif] , just kidding, anyway my shots are mostly so so due to the approach that i took, you can see my photo elbum title that contain all these pictures all the while, its called "Shiok Sendiri", serious, many seen my phone (Nokia 710) .. it means just for fun or self entertaining, yet, once a while ego sets in, i guess is human and sometime is good, at least got a driving force called motivation, else, is very exhausting to haul the approx 45 kg total of equipment out there and at the mercy of Mr Weather, cheers :)
lqx

Post by lqx »

[smilie=bye2.gif] Nice horsehead from SG!