Protection for dealers and buyers

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Jingguo

Protection for dealers and buyers

Post by Jingguo »

Hi guys. i'm Jingguo. I would like to know how do you guys usually pay in when buying second hand stuff locally? Cheque, cash?? or? 2) Isit safe to do such dealings as it might be a scam? 3) What happen if the dealer or buyer request the buyer to pay again when a payment has already been pay to him? 4) Any suggestions from experience 2nd hand buyers?? i suggest maybe we can rate the seller like astromart to ensure the protection of both dealers n buyers. thanks alot.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I would like to know how do you guys usually pay in when buying second hand stuff locally? Cheque, cash??
Most of us pay in Cash... I don't think anyone here will accept cheque.
2) Isit safe to do such dealings as it might be a scam?
It should be quite safe as long as you are buying items from a local guy and SingAstro member.
3) What happen if the dealer or buyer request the buyer to pay again when a payment has already been pay to him?
I don't think that will happen as long as you paid in full and most of us will not accept partial payment.
4) Any suggestions from experience 2nd hand buyers?? i suggest maybe we can rate the seller like astromart to ensure the protection of both dealers n buyers.
I don't think that is necessary, because most of us know each other and unlike AstroMart, we collect the items ourself, so that can check the item before you pay him the cash. Of course, you must know what are you buying first.

Have a nice day.

PS: You post in the wrong section... may be better if you post in Coffee Corner.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

hmm..often the dealing is in cash. buyer and seller meet up and take a gd look at the equipment and haggle on the price. reputable sellers will often do a gd demo and also tell if there is any current problem with the equipment.

also, since seller is in sg, most likely u can go burn down his house if he cheat ur money.

~MooEy~
carlogambino

Post by carlogambino »

lol :)

Btw, if youre buying overseas, check their ratings. Those that have very high ratings are almost 100% trustworthy. It takes quite a lot of sales to get really good ratings.