Digital membership the British Astronomical Association

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Jeremy

Digital membership the British Astronomical Association

Post by Jeremy »

Dear Singastro members,

Greetings from the UK! Some of you might remember me as a member of Singastro when I lived in Singapore between 1999 and 2003. I still remember the observing sessions at the polytechnic, the field near Remus’s residence and, of course, the trips to Mersing.

Anyway, I am currently President of the British Astronomical Association. I am writing to you to let you know about the launch of a new membership category of the BAA: digital subscriptions. This category of membership allows individuals to subscribe to digital only versions of the BAA Journal and Handbook at a lower rate and without paying the postage supplement.

As a digital subscriber you will be able to:

• Receive our bi-monthly Journal & annual Handbook, delivered digitally
• Receive our regular BAA Newsletter, delivered by email
• Watch videos of talks by leading experts online
• Access tutorials
• Get help and advice to develop your skills
• Get involved in our observing programmes organised by the BAA Observing Sections
• Participate in our active online discussion Forum
• Present your work on your own BAA Member Page and contribute articles to the Journal

If you are not familiar with the Journal, the 2017 August edition is available online at: https://britastro.org/pdf/aug2017.pdf

We are initially making this new digital subscription available to people living outside the UK who are not yet members of the BAA.

To find out more about the benefits of a digital subscription to the BAA, please visit https://britastro.org/digital. It costs just GBP 29.50 per year, which I think is roughly SGD 53 - Signing up online is easy and payments by credit card or PayPal are accepted (hence you can pay in SGD)

The BAA has been a driving force in amateur astronomy for over 125 years and is today recognised as one of the world’s leading amateur groups. Founded in 1890, the BAA is a global community of amateur astronomers with members in over 40 countries.

Why not join our international community of amateur astronomers? We would love to have you as a member!

Best regards,

Jeremy Shears
BAA President