Anyone used a 10x camera to shoot anything?

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
KSeet

Anyone used a 10x camera to shoot anything?

Post by KSeet »

I tried with my C730 to shoot the moon, but results not very good lor...how about anyone else?
KSeet

Post by KSeet »

weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I have use a digital camcorder to shoot still and video on Moon, Jupiter and Saturn with a optical zoom of 12x. The video quality is very good and the still image although is at only 1 Mega Pixel, the image is quite good... I will post my image later... now at work... :P
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Below are some images taken using my Panasonic Camcorder(max. can upto 12x) without any post processing.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:

Post by Guest »

hi wei xing,
can share or not? how do you use the digi camcorder to snap on the moon so good? should i use any digi camcorder to just snap and get what you have? are you connecting it on the eyepiece of the scope or setup another normal camera tripod with the digi camcorder to snap it?

any good digi camcorder or camera (not too too expensive) you could recommend?

cheers,
eric goh
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I use William-Optics 4337(a 40mm eyepiece with 43mm and 37mm thread) to connect to my Camcorder. The William-Optics 4337 can connect to any camcorder or digital camera with 43mm or 37mm thread.
If you haven't got any camcorder or digital camera, get a digital camera with manual control will be better, since can take picture at higher resolution. Currently, I'm using the Nikon 4500 digital camera I brought recently... this is a popular non-SLR digital camera for astrophotography. This camera can also connect to the William-Optics 4337 via a 28mm to 37mm step-up ring.
Hope the information help... :)
Yang Weixing
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I have used afocal projection by way of a scopetronic adapter to take photos through my telescope. If you can't access singastro database @ yahoogroups, the you can check out my pics here :

www.pbase.com/airconvent

All taken using either my ETX90 or ETX125 with a Nikon Coolpix 4300 camera (or for the older shots, a Fuji Finepix 2400)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

cool.. very nice photos.. can a video camera also take this kind of photo?? i have a video cam.. with a 37mm thread..

weixing.. can i bring my video camera next time and test it with your scope?? :)
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
No problem, bring along your video camera next time... But there will be probably no suitable target for you to test your video camera... the mars is too difficult to video and the moon will only rise at mid-night... :)
Yang Weixing
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

ooh.. my video cam can zoom up to 200X... maybe test with the moon first.. hehe :P
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-