USM NATIONAL ASTRONOMY CONVENTION 2005

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
mickath

USM NATIONAL ASTRONOMY CONVENTION 2005

Post by mickath »

Does anyone know? Penang USM is holding a national level convention for astronomy from 14th to 16th Jan 2005. There will be many amateur astronomy gathering here. There will be a largest Telescope exhibition and other interesting events line up for this ocassion.

Amateurs from foreign countries are all welcome. :P
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Does anyone know? Penang USM is holding a national level convention for astronomy from 14th to 16th Jan 2005. There will be many amateur astronomy gathering here. There will be a largest Telescope exhibition and other interesting events line up for this ocassion.

Amateurs from foreign countries are all welcome.
We already know that... receive the initation from Dr Chong during Singastro Festival 2004. But I heard that the event have been cancel due to the current unfortune tsunami disaster which also affect Penang.
:k-sad:

Anyway, is it still on?? :k-?:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
mickath

Post by mickath »

Hi weixing,

Are you sure this event is cancelled, I saw USM had just put up a banner for this event recently. Anyway I will check with Dr. Chong again, then only let you know.

Thanks

Mickath
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Just received a confirmation from CK that this event is ON, it's this coming weekend btw. Anyone going? would like to tompang if possible. Just me and a couple of my equipment :-)
mickath

Post by mickath »

Hello WeiXing,

This event is on, just confirmed with Dr. Chong. There will be the biggest star party involving more than 200 telescopes. :D
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
So it on... but can't apply leave now :k-sad: :k-sad:

Anyway, hope the weather is good in Penang. Weather in Singapore these few days were like *&%^$#@... you know what I mean. Hope you guys there enjoy yourself and I'll just pointing my scope at the saturn and imagine I was there....
:k-lol: :k-lol: :k-lol:

Anyway, we'll be looking at the same saturn and stars under the same sky... hmm... with fewer stars and invisible milky way in singapore.
:k-chuckle: :k-lol: :k-chuckle:

Hope the weather will be good and clear!!

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

no news from remus leh, tot he suppose to organise a trip there.

~MooEy~
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Hi Guys,
It's still not too late to organize a trip for the convention. It will be held this Friday to Sunday. Saturday is the main day with many VIP coming. Carpooling will be a great idea. Can just get a hotel room and everyone can squeeze in. There is a hotel just a kilometer away.
I'll be busy during the convention. But I can still take some time off to take any of you to test out Penang food.
Let me or Mickath know your plan, and we can help getting you around Penang.
I hope to see you guys in Penang!

Regards,
CK
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

perseid wrote:Hi Guys,
It's still not too late to organize a trip for the convention. It will be held this Friday to Sunday. Saturday is the main day with many VIP coming. Carpooling will be a great idea. Can just get a hotel room and everyone can squeeze in. There is a hotel just a kilometer away.
I'll be busy during the convention. But I can still take some time off to take any of you to test out Penang food.
Let me or Mickath know your plan, and we can help getting you around Penang.
I hope to see you guys in Penang!

Regards,
CK
Hi CK,
Is the final version of your Truss Dob completed? Maybe those who are going such as Matthew can help us take some pictures or write a review of the scope? Thanks!

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Rich,
First of all, I would like to apologize for not giving an update on my truss tube progress. I was very busy getting stuff ready for the USM astro convention. I was to have 20 scopes assembled to be used during the convention.
I have two versions completed recently. They are the 6" F5 and 6" F8 truss tube. I have the photo of 6" F5. Can someone tell me how to upload the image?

Thanks,
CK