c8 ota

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
shoelevy

c8 ota

Post by shoelevy »

i'm selling my 4mth old celestron c8 ota with finderscope, diagonal mirror and standard 25mm eyepiece

reason: downgrading due transportation concerns

its only been brought out once and not more that 30mins during that session and has been in my dry cabinet ever since
collimation has been done and not a single scratch can be found on its optics
it is as gd as new

for these reasons...i am asking for 2000SGD FIRM
DO NOT ask me to lower my price unless i initiate the lower offer
if interested pls pm me or sms or call me at 91697799

thank u all
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: c8 ota

Post by VinSnr »

shoelevy wrote:i'm selling my 4mth old celestron c8 ota with finderscope, diagonal mirror and standard 25mm eyepiece

reason: downgrading due transportation concerns

its only been brought out once and not more that 30mins during that session and has been in my dry cabinet ever since
collimation has been done and not a single scratch can be found on its optics
it is as gd as new

for these reasons...i am asking for 2000SGD FIRM
DO NOT ask me to lower my price unless i initiate the lower offer
if interested pls pm me or sms or call me at 91697799

thank u all
$2000 for a 8" OTA ???????

How much did you bought it for?
addy

Post by addy »

Looks like you have purchased it quite high.. I thot the average price a used C8 has been selling on singastro is 800... or maybe arief has spoiled the market by selling too many C8s.. :-)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Since you ask me about the market price of a good condition used C8 and I did give you a suggested price range, so I was also surprise to see that you are selling at S$2K!
:k-shock: :k-shock:

Anyway, the selling price that I suggest to you is a good price for a good condition C8... If you look at the history in this Buy and Sell Section, you'll see that a few very good condition 8" SCT was selling at that price range and someone recently quote me a Like New Gray C8 (the latest model - same as your C8 ) OTA also in that price range.

I think you need lower your price to a more reasonable range if you really intend to sell.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Looks like you have purchased it quite high.. I thot the average price a used C8 has been selling on singastro is 800... or maybe arief has spoiled the market by selling too many C8s..
Was just trying to help fellow singastroians get good medium aperture scopes at a decent price :-)

If I were to sell my "Like New Gray C8" with the original finder, visual back, mint optics, no scratch, no sleeks, no dew marks, always put in dry cabinet, etc + bob knobs collimation screws, i will probably ask for $1100 (firm).

Can't really blame Kim Hai since he bought the scope at a premium price from Astro Scientific.

just my 2cents :-)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
If I were to sell my "Like New Gray C8" with the original finder, visual back, mint optics, no scratch, no sleeks, no dew marks, always put in dry cabinet, etc + bob knobs collimation screws, i will probably ask for $1100 (firm).
You know who to look for when you are going to sell your C8 :k-hello: :k-hello: Aperture fever got me again!! :k-evil:
Can't really blame Kim Hai since he bought the scope at a premium price from Astro Scientific.
I think he didn't get it from Astro Scientific... I think he get it from OPT.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Hi,
I think he didn't get it from Astro Scientific... I think he get it from OPT.
Have a nice day.
I don't think so. With shipping, it should cost only around $1700-$1800 brand new from Optcorp.
More like Astro Science. The US$1399 Nexstar 8 is selling for S$4500, so I would assume a US$810 C8 would be sold at around S$2500. To minimise losses, he would probably not go lower than $2000, hence his asking price.

Only problem is I don't think that price is in equilibrium with what the market is willing to bear here though....but its a free market...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
shoelevy

Post by shoelevy »

well guys, i did get it from OPT...but the price i paid is above 2000 cos remember i sent it to astro sci?
i know i'm asking for a price above average but then it's because i'm in need money...y else would u tink i'm selling off my telescope all of a sudden?...this is the same reason for why i've been missing from this forum for quite sometime

in any case, i'd like to reiterate the fact that its mint, very very new...infact nothing short of brand new
shoelevy

Post by shoelevy »

lowering to $1900
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

shoelevy wrote: because i'm in need money...y else would u tink i'm selling off my telescope all of a sudden?...this is the same reason for why i've been missing from this forum for quite sometime
hi shoelevy,
sorry to hear about your problems.
do come back to the community anytime you're ready.
As an advice, if you need cash urgently , you will have better luck pricing it a a point where people are willing to buy rather what you hope to get ideally.
That means taking the current market price of the scope and making adjustments downwards from there...
Anyway, good luck on your sale.

cheers
rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets