M42 Yet again

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
kohjb

M42 Yet again

Post by kohjb »

I guess it must be pretty boring for the pros, but this was my very first attempt at trying to take this since it was just sooo cloudy the past weeks. Photos came out better than I thought it would, so it's simply very exhilarating !! Have to show it to others, else it'll just be no fun !! :P

It was a clear enough sky with a few patchy clouds that moved pretty quickly. Can't really complain cos I got a lot of viewing done. I couldn't see the Crab and Horsehead Nebulas though. Must be just too light polluted in the city ! :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I guess it must be pretty boring for the pros, but this was my very first attempt at trying to take this since it was just sooo cloudy the past weeks. Photos came out better than I thought it would, so it's simply very exhilarating !! Have to show it to others, else it'll just be no fun !!
Very nice... far better than all my images :goodjob: :goodjob:

Hmm... DSLR and large aperture does help! Still waiting to get a 300D! Anyway, I also take a few image on Orion Nebula today using my 6" Newtonian and CoolPix 4500... expect to see a lots of noise. Will post here it it is not too bad (my standard). :k-hello:
It was a clear enough sky with a few patchy clouds that moved pretty quickly. Can't really complain cos I got a lot of viewing done. I couldn't see the Crab and Horsehead Nebulas though. Must be just too light polluted in the city !
I think you should to see Crab Nebula (M1) in Sinagpore using C9.25... you just need a darker site. As for Horsehead nebula... forget about it! I think you still cannot see it even you use a 14" scope in Singapore.

Anyway, today (or yesterday night) was a very good night for observation and Astrophotography... the sky was clear and no dew! :-k-yeah: :-k-yeah:

Hope those expert astrophotographer didn't miss it!

Have a nice day. :sleep: :sleep:
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kohjb

Post by kohjb »

Thanks Weixing, it was fun. Didn't do any serious polar alignment some more. Just plonked the tripod down and did a quick check on Sirius - seemed not to drift at all, so went on to M42 for the photos. I guess I must know my north pretty well ;-)

Hopefully will see you tomorrow, if the skies are clear !
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Taken this morning using my Nikon CoolPix 4500. The noise is less than I expected... may be due to the cold weather, but can't compare to those taken with a DSLR.

Anyway, should be my best M42 image to date.

:k-happy: :k-happy:

Have a nice day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: