SGD1500: Brand New Meade ETX-125EC/UHTC w/#497 AutoStar

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
thiamwah

SGD1500: Brand New Meade ETX-125EC/UHTC w/#497 AutoStar

Post by thiamwah »

Another great opportunity to own brand new ETX-125EC/UHTC at a affordable price in Singapore.

Price SGD1500

- ETX-125EC with UHTC coating
- original box/US warranty card
- Original accessories
1. with #497 Autostar controller. GOTO with 30,000-object database !!
2. Meade Series 4000 26mm 1.25" Super Plossl eyepiece
3. #825 8x25mm Right Angle Viewfinder

** Doesn't include any tripod; ETX is design to work without tripod on a flat stable surface or a chair

Optical Design : Maksutov-Cassegrain
Primary Mirror Diameter : 138mm (5.43")
Clear Aperture : 127mm (5.0")
Focal Length, Focal Ratio : 1900mm f/15
Resolving Power (arc secs.) : 0.9
Optical Coatings: multi-coated
objective lens : standard aluminum/SiO
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings – optional at time of purchase optional at time of purchase optional at time of purchase
Limiting Visual Stellar Magnitude : 12.5
Image Scale : 0.76°/inch
Maximum Practical Visual Power : 500X
Optical Tube Dimensions (dia. x length) : 5.75" x 14.2" (14.6cm x 36cm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction (dia.; %) : 1.55" (39.4mm); 9.6%
Telescope Mounting fork type;
RA and Dec. Motor Drive Systems DC servo motors with encoders, both axes; 9-volts DC DC servo motors with encoders, both axes; 12-volts DC DC servo motors with encoders, both axes; 12-volts DC DC servo motors with encoders, both axes; 12-volts DC
Slow-Motion Controls electric, 9-speed, both axes electric, 9-speed, both axes electric, 9-speed, both axes electric, 9-speed, both axes
Autostar Controller included (#494) included (#497) included (#497) included (#497)
Batteries (user-supplied) : 8 x AA
Battery Life (approx.) 20 hrs
Bearings Dec.: RA: radial ball bearing
Materials:
Tube Body Mounting high-impact ABS aluminum aluminum reinforced high-impact ABS internal aluminum structure with high-impact ABS internal aluminum structure with high-impact ABS
Primary Mirror
Correcting Lens – BK7 optical glass, Grade-A Pyrex® glass

Reference:
1. Autostar Information on http://www.meade.com/autostar/autostars.html
2. ETX-125 Specification http://www.meade.com/etx/etx_specs.html

Will provide testing/demo before purchase

Feel free to SMS me at 97592933 anytime

OR call me from 9AM to 10PMImage
Last edited by thiamwah on Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Equipments

Celestron Advanced C11 XLT/SGT
Celestron Eyepiece Plossl Kit with 2x Barrow
MaxDL
Nikon Coolpix 990
SONY PC330 Handycam

thiamwah

Yup it is a swiss army knife of Telescope

Post by thiamwah »

Hi,

Definately this is the swiss army knife of telescope. Multi talented and multi-functions

See this for more information.

http://www.weasner.com/etx/menu.html

ThiamWah
Equipments

MaxDL
Nikon Coolpix 990
SONY PC330 Handycam

ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

ThiamWah, appreciate if you can list your equipments under "Equipment Database". A C11 :crazyeye: , aperture still rules :mrgreen:

:offtopic:
thiamwah

Post by thiamwah »

I will do that........ I brought a C11 as a long term companion that my wife have no problem approving :k-inlove:
Equipments

MaxDL
Nikon Coolpix 990
SONY PC330 Handycam

ebeyonder

Post by ebeyonder »

Hi, is this still available.?
Danny

Brand New Meade ETX-125EC - SOLD

Post by Danny »

Hello Thiam Wah thanks for selling the scope to me.

Hello everyone! I am a newbie and I just stumbled onto the SingAstro website.

It is informative and thanks to everyone for their advices.

I just bought a Meade ETX-125EC and hope to join in some of the obs. I hope to improve my skills and knowledge of the skys.. Also to figure out how to use the ETX-125EC.. Anyone can help?

I am interested in astrophotography and hope to get a good digital camera. Can anyone recommed? Is it the Cannon E300?

Cheers

danny
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Welcome to SingAstro!! :D
I am interested in astrophotography and hope to get a good digital camera. Can anyone recommed? Is it the Cannon E300?
You should wait for the Canon 350D or get the Canon 20D if you have extra budget. Also, you can always get a used Canon 300D at quite a low price now.

By the way, you'll need to use your ETX-125 in equatorial mode if you want to use a SLR for imaging. This is because the ETX-fork mount base will hit your SLR camera in Alt/Az mode, which is connect to the photo port, when you point your scope at higher angle (> 45 degree).

Anyway, I think you'll need a T-adapter and may be some other accessories also. Please create a new topics under Astrophotography section to further discuss how to do astrophotography using your ETX-125.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

By the way, you'll need to use your ETX-125 in equatorial mode if you want to use a SLR for imaging. This is because the ETX-fork mount base will hit your SLR camera in Alt/Az mode, which is connect to the photo port, when you point your scope at higher angle (> 45 degree).
That means, you need to take out the OTA from the fork mount and put it on an equatorial mount.

Everything you want to know about ETX: www.weasner.com/etx

cheers,
Arief
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
That means, you need to take out the OTA from the fork mount and put it on an equatorial mount.
I think he don't need to do that, but he'll need the Deluxe Field Tripod... the only question is whether can the Deluxe Field Tripod equatorial mode use in Singapore??

Anyway, I think the easier way for him is to use Afocal method, which is very good for moon, planets and some bright DSO.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

sob sob.. its sold..
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .