Observing session at Bedok Reservoir (oct 21)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Ok, I'll be there with the Pronto :D

It's been some time since I last did any serious observing anyway. I'm especially looking forward to meeting magnificient Saturn once again during the pre dawn hours since it's loooooong absence from our evening skies.
Samuel Ng
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

kk will try to go but i have sch on wed so dun think can stay overnight. any obvious planets that night?
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Throughout the night, you can observe Mars if you haven't had enough of it yet :lol: .

But at around 3 or 4 am in the morning, you should be able to see a rising Saturn again after it's looooooong absence from our evening skies 8) , then if the skies still remain clear over the East at around 6am, you may be able to see a bit of Jupiter.
Samuel Ng
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

Just now (19/10/2003 09.30pm ) i went to Dempsey road and it's my first time there, compare to the east side i'm talking about Dempsey road is not bad good location but east side sky will be much more darker.
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

Just now (19/10/2003 09.30pm ) i went to Dempsey road and it's my first time there, compare to the east side i'm talking about Dempsey road is not bad <<good location>><< means good >> but east side sky will be much more darker. I guess east side is too far away... That the bad thing about East side.
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

went changi beach juz now.. can see about 30 stars not bad. haven't see stars for a long time lolx all cloudy lately
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Observing session at Bedok Reservoir (oct 21)

Post by Airconvent »

antares2063 wrote:Hi all
I will be having an overnight observing session this coming Tuesday (Oct 21)
Location: Bedok reservoir (opp. Blk 740 & 742A, the same location as Mars Watch 2)
Time: 9pm till next morning
Events: Orionids in the pre-dawn hours and of course DSO's if skies are good
Sorry for a bit of last minute, but looking at the satellite photo, a clear patch of sky may be heading towards us for the next few days.
Any takers? Just reply to this or can call 91373921
Fingers crossed
Junwei
Hi Junwei,
Had not realised Antares2063 was you until I saw the pic...I though Antares was also that other guy that had some problems with astro-science?
Anyway, we had not had clear skies in 5 mths already! I very much doubt it would clear but do give us your "weather" reports
If sky good, can join in for a while but cannot stay too late as working day...sigh...perhaps CSN Chief may activate everyone?

:lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Kamikazer

Post by Kamikazer »

i will go if the weather permits...if the sky's clear in the evening
if i'm going i would be meeting you guys for the first time... :D
i may be bringing so friends along if they are interested....so i hope you all dont mine
K.L. Lee