MWTB: Tripod/mount for Orion ED80

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
kohjb

MWTB: Tripod/mount for Orion ED80

Post by kohjb »

Hi, anyone has a tripod/mount for sale that I can use for my Orion ED80 ? It needs to be pretty portable, yet solid, something between the typical camera tripod and the CG5 mount. Maybe like a CG3 ? I see lots of mention of Manfrotto tripods. Are those good enough ?
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Koh,
To keep my setup simple and get-up-and-go, I used a manfrotto 410 and 190D tripod. There is quite alot of vibration although not as bad as you would think. If you want stability and intend to do astrophotography, then you will have to buy the tube rings and mount it on a better mount....

I do have brand new tube rings for sale if you intend to buy one. I just need to find them first...I thought of using this scope for astrophotography but has since lost interest. PM me if you are interested.

Otherwise, I think the 410-190 or 410-055 combination will suffice for generally viewing.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

eq 3-2 tripod for sale.. keen?
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
kohjb

Post by kohjb »

Airconvent wrote:Hi Koh,
To keep my setup simple and get-up-and-go, I used a manfrotto 410 and 190D tripod. There is quite alot of vibration although not as bad as you would think. If you want stability and intend to do astrophotography, then you will have to buy the tube rings and mount it on a better mount....

I do have brand new tube rings for sale if you intend to buy one. I just need to find them first...I thought of using this scope for astrophotography but has since lost interest. PM me if you are interested.

Otherwise, I think the 410-190 or 410-055 combination will suffice for generally viewing.

rich
Hi Rich,

Yes, I was going to buy the tube rings from the US again. What's your asking price for them ?

Will look up the specs of the tripods you mentioned. Thanks !

JB.
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

kohjb wrote: Hi Rich,
Yes, I was going to buy the tube rings from the US again. What's your asking price for them ?
Will look up the specs of the tripods you mentioned. Thanks !
JB.
I'm not sure. They measure 100mm in diameter. Will PM you to discuss on the price.
Cheers
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets