Star gazing groups

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
Akashdeep
Favourite scope: Celestron nextstar6e

Star gazing groups

Post by Akashdeep »

Hi all

Joined the group literally about an hour back . Am new to the whole field of astronomy / star gazing but am fascinated with it . Last 2 weeks have been reading all about telescopes / Binoculars/ the skies etc and have spent the last hour reading various posts in this forum

Firstly must thank the creators of this forum and its various members , so good to see the level of knowledge and collective experience of everybody and am glad I joined this group . Reading everything I have concluded that before I jump into buying anything I should have a first hand experience , get a look and feel of the Binos / telescopes , interact with the people to really understand .
In this respect wanted to know if there are any gatherings where I can join and get a first hand experience of talking to to members , maybe use their equipment to Sky gaze . I have never used a telescope . I know science centre has every Friday at 7.45 pm a session which I do plan to go this week or next but any other session where other experienced members of this group gather for will be great . I stay on Farrer Road .
My apologies for such elementary questions and thanks for having me in this group

Regards

Akash
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Star gazing groups

Post by Airconvent »

Welcome to Singastro Akash.
There are some groups here and there but generally they don't broadcast here.

Gary's website (http://astronomy.sg/community-astronomy) does have a list of ongoing events.

The more constant one is the almost monthly trip by Remus to Mersing. There you will get good darker skies and lots of instruments to check out.

:)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Akashdeep
Favourite scope: Celestron nextstar6e

Re: Star gazing groups

Post by Akashdeep »

Thank you 🙏