For those looking for the manfrotto 410

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
MooEy

For those looking for the manfrotto 410

Post by MooEy »

I just went to John 3:16(funan #03-37) today. Talk to samuel over there. He told me he will receive the 410 heads by monday. I told him to reserve a few for you guys.

So those who wish to get one, can try calling this number 96748664, ask for Samuel. Just tell him you are moo's friend and that you want one of the 410 heads.

~MooEy~
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: For those looking for the manfrotto 410

Post by Airconvent »

MooEy wrote:I just went to John 3:16(funan #03-37) today. Talk to samuel over there. He told me he will receive the 410 heads by monday. I told him to reserve a few for you guys.

So those who wish to get one, can try calling this number 96748664, ask for Samuel. Just tell him you are moo's friend and that you want one of the 410 heads.

~MooEy~
Hi Moo,
Another "Samuel" ! It seems that the 410 head is a highly sought after accessory in singastro. Quite a few has expressed interest in them and its always in short supply.
I wonder if there can be some tie up with John 3:16 and Cathay Photo to stock more to cater to newbies' needs and offer discounts for singastro members...what's the price they quoted?

In anycase, good of you to offer this cool lobang to fellow members.
Glad to see you are getting your 410. How is your Megrez80?

cheers!
rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Yes, John 3:16 does have some Manfrotto items for sale too, but they pretty pricey I find. They quoted me S$160 for their 190D tripod, but I mnaged to get the exact same thing at Cathay for just S$110.
Samuel Ng
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

not sure about the exact price, but so far my quotations at john 3:16 is much lower than at cathay. try giving him a call and ask for a quotation.

hi rich, err.. the megrez80 doesn't belong to me, it's gerald's. anyway i just got a stellarvue at1010 recently. waiting for my mount now. using wira's fluid head, smooth and easy to use. too bad that model is no longer available.

~MooEy~
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

MooEy wrote:not sure about the exact price, but so far my quotations at john 3:16 is much lower than at cathay. try giving him a call and ask for a quotation.

hi rich, err.. the megrez80 doesn't belong to me, it's gerald's. anyway i just got a stellarvue at1010 recently. waiting for my mount now. using wira's fluid head, smooth and easy to use. too bad that model is no longer available.

~MooEy~
as to the low price, maybe its because you are his friend? I have to agree with Sam they are normally expensive. I have asked them for the price of the 410 and they quoted way about $400..

Are you the one that bought Vincent's stellarvue from wira? great!
The fluid head should still be sold if you check with Cathay Photo. They cost around $60-$80. But I don't like it because the it does not give me precise control like the 410 does....very bad when looking for objects.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

The older and most basic 128LP fluid head at Cathay has just been replaced by the new 700 head. They told me they will stop selling the 128LP and only sell the 700 in place of the 128LP from now on. It's about S$140.00 and Made in Italy. I was told that the 128LP was made in China and maybe that explains the S$60-$80 price tag. There are still other fluid heads available there, but those are above the 700 and are more expensive.
Samuel Ng