Moon in 3-D. No need red/green glasses

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
ChaosKnight

Moon in 3-D. No need red/green glasses

Post by ChaosKnight »

3-D images can be viewed using a pair of 2-D photographs.

The first image shows a photograph of the moon taken on 1st May 2005 at 6am. Equipment used: William Optics Megrez 80 Semi-Apo, Manfrotto 055 with 128 Video Head, Creative Webcam Pro EX.

The second and third images show the moon as a sphere is space. Relax and let your eyes "see through" the pair of images, so that each image appears double. Overlap the image on the left with the one on the right.

The second image is low res for newbies. Start on this picture if you have difficulty seeing the 3-D effect.

The third image is for more experienced viewers. Image is higher res and viewing is more difficult, but the bigger image is more pleasing.

All these images are for cross-eyed viewing.

Apologies for not attaching the pictures here directly. There seems to be an error whenever i try to do that.

Apologies also for the wrongly flipped images. An error on my part during processing.
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Can I ask, did you process it in software for the effect?

Regards,
Chris
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

chrisyeo wrote:Can I ask, did you process it in software for the effect?

Regards,
Chris
Yes, of course.

A true 3-D image can only be obtained using lunar libration. This isn't a true 3-D image as only one photo is used.