A Dome Observatory Project in Progress

Wanna make a scope? Or better still, grind a mirror yourself. Or, you have some good tips in making a really useful accessory? This is the place to show what your hands can do...
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Maxscope 60mm Nearer View
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Maxscope 60mm FrontView
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

wee kiong, you know i stay a couple of bus stops only from the condo, let me know if you need someone to "operate" the scopes. i'll be free ANYTIME, just give me a call :-)
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Dear Weekeong,

The NJC astro club might also be interested to visit... Do you think the condo admin will be willing to allow visits so that their prestige/publicity can be drummed up?

Chris
Last edited by chrisyeo on Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

ariefm71 wrote:wee kiong, you know i stay a couple of bus stops only from the condo, let me know if you need someone to "operate" the scopes. i'll be free ANYTIME, just give me a call :-)
Due to some achitectual changes on site, I will need to make some minor adjustment on my dome track system. Need to lift manually (as the tower crane had been removed) and shift it by about 10-15mm radially. Weight of the dome with track is about 500 pounds. Might need some jacking system or manual old fashion labour.

I will need about minimum 6 guys to help out for about 1hour if eveything go smoothly. If not, might have to remove some of the dome panels and re-adjust track and this will need at least 6-8 hrs.

If I can you guys then I will not ask for external labour.
Most likely this weekend either Sat/Sun.

I'm also looking for guy who can do spraying on fibreglass dome.
Also looking for a semi-auto tracking system for the scope; i.e when scope rotate, dome rotate.

So any volunteers ? Need long pant, helmet & hard shoe.
Interested guys please do drop me an email at leewk@tps.sg or call my HP: 96192273. Also indicate your other terms. :D
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

chrisyeo wrote:Dear Weekiong,

The NJC astro club might also be interested to visit... Do you think the condo admin will be willing to allow visits so that their prestiege/publicity can be drummed up?

Chris
Heh Chris, are you now in charge on NJC Astro Club ?
Is the club Meade 8 SCT w/Vixen GP mount been repaired ?

I should be able to arrange for a visit before condo TOP or during one of my site testing.

NJC has 1st priority :wink:
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

I'm not in charge but helping them out. The SCT and GP are working fine but the motors are missing a controller, so no tracking.

Would be great if you could organise an 'excursion'! Thanks! :)
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Another new addition

Dell Model 6000 Notebook
15.4" WSVGA
1.6 GHz, 533 FSB, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD +/- RW
Win XP Pro

Starry Night 5 Pro Plus
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Dehumidifier 35 litres/day
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

[quote="Lee
Due to some achitectual changes on site, I will need to make some minor adjustment on my dome track system. Need to lift manually (as the tower crane had been removed) and shift it by about 10-15mm radially. Weight of the dome with track is about 500 pounds. Might need some jacking system or manual old fashion labour.

I will need about minimum 6 guys to help out for about 1hour if eveything go smoothly. If not, might have to remove some of the dome panels and re-adjust track and this will need at least 6-8 hrs.

If you guys can then I will not ask for external labour.
Most likely this weekend either Sat/Sun.

I'm also looking for guy who can do spraying on fibreglass dome.
Also looking for a semi-auto tracking system for the scope; i.e when scope rotate, dome rotate. Anyone want to take this up as a project ?

So any volunteers ? Need long pant, helmet & hard shoe.
Interested guys please do drop me an email at leewk@tps.sg or call my HP: 96192273. Also indicate your other terms. :D[/quote]

[highlight=red]Any Takers [/highlight]:roll: