First attempt at Moon >.<

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
QuantumGravity

First attempt at Moon >.<

Post by QuantumGravity »

Took my first moon shot with my new Nikon D70s... :k-crazy:

Exposure and everything else didn't take note of :k-=X: , D70s prime focus through my 4.5" cheap bought-in-china reflector. Focusing not well done and editted (cropped and colour balanced) in photoshop.

comments please :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Your D70s will record those setting for you...

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
QuantumGravity

Post by QuantumGravity »

So the settings are only viewable through the camera? Arghh formatted the CF card :?
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I think as long as you didn't do any image processing on the jpeg file, the setting data should be still in the header. Try using the image viewer provided by Nikon to view the image and you should be able to see the setting.

Anyway, my Canon 300D store the setting in the jpeg header, so I think it should be a common feature in DSLR camera.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: