WTB 1.25" focal reducer ( found)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
wucheeyiun

WTB 1.25" focal reducer ( found)

Post by wucheeyiun »

Any one with this to sell?
To mate with Burgess Binoviewer, and / or 1.25" visual back, any comments or problems?
Also can mate with 1.25" diagonal.
PM me, or call chee yiun 93827727
Last edited by wucheeyiun on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Perhaps you can attach the Meade or Celestron f/6.3 reducer/corrector to your C8 and then attach your standard 1.25" or 2" visual back.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Good idea, but the logistic of taking out and removing changing from 1.25" to 2" again, fumbling in the dark is tough...from planetary to rich field DSO...
Any any one with a 2" reducer to sell? i may consider...but 1.25" prefered.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Good idea, but the logistic of taking out and removing changing from 1.25" to 2" again, fumbling in the dark is tough...from planetary to rich field DSO...
Any any one with a 2" reducer to sell? i may consider...but 1.25" prefered.
The Celestron/Meade F6.3 Focal Reducer is screw behind the OTA and then you screw in your visual back or SCT diagonal on it. You don't need to take out the focal reducer when change from 2" to 1.25" or via visa... Also, a lot of C8 user just leave the focal reducer on and use it as a dust seal... :)

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Just communicated with ACC, will bring in from US astrovid, when arrive Chee Chien and myself will play with it for a while, will let you know the effectiveness of a 1.25 reducer for binoviewer, if good will recommend to singastrorian. will also sub-sale :)
It could be screwed on to diagonal, or 1.25" sct visual back, or simply on the binoviewer,

David Lian, will you be interested? its only 49USD, can share UPS some-more

It is a rare item, only one post on the astromart ( dealer) , hope it is not a lemon.

http://www.astrovid.com/manufacturer_pr ... hp?man=236
David Lian

Post by David Lian »

wucheeyiun wrote:
David Lian, will you be interested? its only 49USD, can share UPS some-more
Whoa! buy again! No more duit (money)already.
At present moment, my priority goes to get the other EPs for
TV 11mm or 25mm plossl
I already got focus reducer to screw on SCT.
Once you try give review leh.
DL
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Do tell us how it perform on the C8. If it is good, then I have to seriously thinking about my next scope... Since a C8 is much common and cheaper than a Vixen R200S.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: