WTS: Sphinx (closed), C8, Megrez, Bino, Manfrotto etc (sold)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
rlow

WTS: Sphinx (closed), C8, Megrez, Bino, Manfrotto etc (sold)

Post by rlow »

Hi, I am looking for good homes for some of my beloved personal astro items to fund a probable future scope. Those interested, kindly sms or pm me with your offer price. Thank you.

1. Vixen Sphinx SXW Mount (payload 10kg), with retractable counterweight shaft (plus add-on compass & level indicator), Starbook (with latest upgrade to build 27, can be autoguider enabled), with 2nos neutral-density screen filters & Starbook cable 12v power cable with cigarette lighter adapter, DC battery case with cover, 2 nos. Vixen 1.9kg SX counterweights, Vixen 12V 7Ah lead-acid battery (with 2 nos. cigarette lighter adapter sockets, battery power indicator, safety fuse), home-made aluminium tripod accessory tray (slots for 3nos 2” ep & 4nos. 1.25” ep), lockable ABS hard-shell case that fits in all of the above items, original box, 10 tripod Vixen SX half-pier with eyepiece storage compartment, Vixen SX large accessory plate with dovetail bar, Vixen SX counterweight shaft camera bracket – excellent condition, only minor cosmetic marks on dovetail saddle (not objectionable), used only 5 times in the last 1 year. Note: for the Megrez 80 and other light scopes, the counterweight and half-pier are not even necessary;

2. [SOLD] [s]Celestron C8 SCT f/10 optical tube assembly (wt 5kg), black tube with Starbright coatings, Celestron 13” dovetail bar/aluminium adapters, add-on internal anti-reflection flocking & 3 nos. collimation cap-screws (like Bob’s knobs), original front cover, Celestron 1.25” visual back, rubber cap – very good condition with very minor cosmetic marks, clean optics;[/s]

3. [SOLD] [s]William Optics Megrez SD 80mm f/6 optical tube assembly, smooth rotatable Crayford focuser, fully-retractable dew shield, 2”-1.25” adapter, WO 2” VR-1 violet reducing filter, Thousand Oaks Type 2+ 90mm solar filter (fits the Megrez), WO black accessory bag with fitted foam, lens cap, home-made aluminium dovetail block to fit the Sphinx mount – good condition with very minor cosmetic marks, very slight fungus on objective lens edge only (not objectionable); [/s]

4. "Tasco Offshore 21" - 7x50mm marine binoculars, american porro-prism style, individual focusing, dioptre adjustment, waterproofed, fog-proofed nitrogen-filled, all lens caps attached to bino, neck strap, rubber armored, treaded for ¼-20 screw-on adaptor – very good condition with minor cosmetic marks, clean optics;

5. [SOLD] [s]Manfrotto 510 fluid head (payload 6kg) with quick-release plate, 3/8-16 & ¼-20 attachment screws, alti-azimuth tension adjustment knobs, grip handle & box – excellent condition, used only twice;[/s]

6. [SOLD] [s]Manfrotto 055cl tripod (payload 6kg) natural anodised aluminium finish, with Manfrotto tripod bag and protective foam cover for tripod legs – very good condition;[/s]

7. [SOLD] [s]GSO Superview 30mm 2” eyepiece, 5-element, 70 deg apparent field, eye relief >20mm, relatively lightweight (about 250g), with rubber eyecup, 2 end-caps, bolt case – excellent condition. Note: in my opinion, this is a very good & cost-effective wide field 2” eyepiece for slower scopes, eg. C8, (only slight edge aberration) with good light transmission & on-axis contrast.[/s]
Last edited by rlow on Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
rlow

Post by rlow »

The following items have been reserved & pending:

2. C8 ota;

5. Manfrotto 510 fluid head;

7. GSO 30mm 2" eyepiece.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Sold:

2. C8 ota

Reserved:

5. Manfrotto 510 fluid head;

7. GSO 30mm 2" eyepiece.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
rlow are having problem accessing the forums, so he may not be able to reply any inquiry PM to him. But he'll try to get online somehow as soon as possible.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

His log-in problem shld be resolved now.

cheers
cc
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
rlow

Post by rlow »

I finally manage to log on now! Thanks to the administrators and moderators for all your help.

Sorry to all of you who read my post, but I was literally in the dark since last thurs morning 25Aug05 as I was unable to log on, unable to read my pm, and worst of all, unable to read any post at all even as a unregistered guest! In fact my non-singastro friend (whom I am helping to sell his Ultima 2000 8" SCT) called me to complain that he cannot read anymore on 'his' Ultima 2000 post!!

Anyway I meant to repost last thurs morning so here goes...

REPOST:

Hi, I am looking for good homes for some of my beloved personal astro items to fund a upcoming scope. Those interested, kindly sms or pm me. Thank you.

1. 'Standard' Vixen Sphinx package:

a. Sphinx SXW Mount (payload 10kg), with 'counterweight' motors and retractable stainless steel counterweight shaft;

b. Starbook (already with latest upgrade to build 27, can be autoguider enabled), with 2nos neutral-density screen filters,

c. Vixen SX half-pillar with eyepiece storage compartment;

d. Vixen SX Hal 110 Tripod;

e. 1 no. Vixen 1.9kg SX counterweight;

f. Miscellaneous: Starbook cable & 12v power cable (modified with cigarette lighter adapter) & DC battery case with cover.

Additional items I include which will complement and complete the above package:

g. additional 1 no. Vixen 1.9kg SX counterweight (required for the C8). Note: for the Megrez 80 and other light scopes, the counterweight and half-pier are not even necessary;

h. Vixen 12V 7Ah lead-acid battery (with 2 nos. cigarette lighter adapter sockets, battery power indicator, safety fuse);

i. self-made 3mm thick aluminium tripod accessory plate (with slots for 3nos 2” ep & 4nos. 1.25” ep) and 3 nos. bolts & wing-nuts. This is also great for stiffening the tripod legs;

j. lockable ABS-shell hardcase with internal dividers and padding that fits in all of the above items except half-pillar & tripod;

k. Vixen SX large accessory plate with dovetail bar, assorted bolts, unused;

l. Vixen SX counterweight shaft camera bracket, unused;

m. add-on miniature compass & miniature level indicator on mount base.

All excellent condition, only minor cosmetic marks on dovetail saddle (not objectionable), used only 5 times in the last 1 year.

The additional items will cost $600 if bought individually. Now I am selling the standard Sphinx package plus my additional items for only $3960. Those who are keen, please sms or pm me.

2. [SOLD]

3. William Optics Megrez SD 80mm f/6 optical tube assembly, smooth rotatable Crayford focuser, fully-retractable dew shield, 2”-1.25” adapter, WO 2” VR-1 violet reducing filter, Thousand Oaks Type 2+ 90mm solar filter (fits the Megrez), WO black accessory bag with fitted foam, lens cap, home-made aluminium dovetail block to fit the Sphinx mount – good condition with very minor cosmetic marks, very slight fungus on objective lens edge only (not objectionable). Will give special student price with zero-interest installment scheme for keen students only, pm me;

4. Tasco 7x50mm marine binoculars, american porro-prism style, central focusing, dioptre adjustment, waterproofed, fog-proofed nitrogen-filled, all lens caps attached to bino, neck strap, rubber armored, treaded for ¼-20 screw-on adaptor – very good condition with minor cosmetic marks, clean optics. Will give special student price with zero-interest installment scheme for keen students only, pm me;

5. [SOLD]

6. Manfrotto 055cl tripod (payload 6kg) natural anodised aluminium finish, with Manfrotto tripod bag and protective black foam cover for tripod legs – very good condition. Will give special student price with zero-interest installment scheme for keen students only, pm me;

7. [SOLD]
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Richard Low got problem logging in again!! So please email him at:
rlow1104@yahoo.com or sms him at 96845999 if you got any inquiry.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
rlow

Post by rlow »

UPDATED POST:

Hi, I am looking for good homes for some of my beloved personal astro items to fund a upcoming scope. Those interested, kindly sms or pm me. Thank you.

a. Sphinx SXW Mount (payload 10kg), with 'counterweight' motors and retractable stainless steel counterweight shaft;

b. Starbook (already with latest upgrade to build 27, can be autoguider enabled), with 2nos neutral-density screen filters,

f. Miscellaneous: Starbook cable & 12v power cable (modified with cigarette lighter adapter) & DC battery case with cover.

Additional items I include which will complement and complete the above package:

g. additional 1 no. Vixen 1.9kg SX counterweight (required for the C8). Note: for the Megrez 80 and other light scopes, the counterweight and half-pier are not even necessary;

h. Vixen 12V 7Ah lead-acid battery (with 2 nos. cigarette lighter adapter sockets, battery power indicator, safety fuse);

i. self-made 3mm thick aluminium tripod accessory plate (with slots for 3nos 2” ep & 4nos. 1.25” ep) and 3 nos. bolts & wing-nuts. This is also great for stiffening the tripod legs;

j. lockable ABS-shell hardcase with internal dividers and padding that fits in all of the above items except half-pillar & tripod;

All excellent condition, only minor cosmetic marks on dovetail saddle (not objectionable), used only 5 times in the last 1 year.

The additional items will cost $600 if bought individually. Now I am selling the standard Sphinx package plus my additional items for only $3960. Those who are keen, please sms or pm me.

2. [SOLD]

3. William Optics Megrez SD 80mm f/6 optical tube assembly, smooth rotatable Crayford focuser, fully-retractable dew shield, 2”-1.25” adapter, WO 2” VR-1 violet reducing filter, Thousand Oaks Type 2+ 90mm solar filter (fits the Megrez), WO black accessory bag with fitted foam, lens cap, home-made aluminium dovetail block to fit the Sphinx mount – good condition with very minor cosmetic marks, very slight fungus on objective lens edge only (not objectionable). Will give special student price with zero-interest installment scheme for keen students only, pm me;

4. "Tasco Offshore 21" - 7x50mm marine binoculars, american porro-prism style, individual focusing, dioptre adjustment, waterproofed, fog-proofed nitrogen-filled, all lens caps attached to bino, neck strap, rubber armored, treaded for ¼-20 screw-on adaptor – very good condition with minor cosmetic marks, clean optics. Will give special student price with zero-interest installment scheme for keen students only, sms or pm me;

5. [SOLD]

6. [SOLD] together with manfrotto 410 on zero-interest installment scheme.

7. [SOLD]
Last edited by rlow on Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlow

Post by rlow »

Since there are some people asking for more info in the bino, I have attached the following excerpt:

The Tasco OffShore OS21 Binoculars series is what many seasoned old salts believe to be the best pair of marine binoculars on the market. The steady 7x magnification and large 50mm objective lenses of Tasco Off-Shore OS-21 Binoculars series — the most common size for marine applications — offer excellent resolution and detail even in low light. Quality Tasco BaK-4 prisms deliver an extremely bright, clear picture — critical when scanning for navigational markers, other boats or feeding fish. Dry-nitrogenpurged and sealed with o-rings, Offshore® binoculars are completely waterproof in both salt- and freshwater. And the ergonomic, porro prism design features a rubber, no-slip grip section making them comfortable to hold and easier to hold on to should the weather get rough.

Tasco Off Shore OS21 Binocular series Specifications:

Magnification: 7x

Field of View:: 366ft/122m @ 1000 yards/meters

Exit Pupil: 7.1mm

Prism Type: Porro

Obj. Lens Diameter: 50mm

Lens Coating: Fully coated

Waterproof: Yes

Focus Type: Individual Eyepiece
rlow

Post by rlow »

POST UPDATE:

2. [SOLD]

3. [SOLD] Megrez sold with zero-interest installment scheme.

4. [SOLD] "Tasco Offshore 21" - 7x50mm marine binoculars, american porro-prism style, individual focusing, dioptre adjustment, waterproofed, fog-proofed nitrogen-filled, all lens caps attached to bino, neck strap, rubber armored, treaded for ¼-20 screw-on adaptor – very good condition with minor cosmetic marks, clean optics. Will give special student price with zero-interest installment scheme for keen students only, sms or pm me;

5. [SOLD]

6. [SOLD] together with manfrotto 410 on zero-interest installment scheme.

7. [SOLD][/quote]