how to start using my skywatcher mak 127 with az porta mount

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
jermng

Post by jermng »

=) Well, the idea was not to rub it in ... you guys can try finding it and prove physically, scientifically and politically if the star exists and if it's named correctly ...
The whole idea of my post was to make a newcomer feel more welcome than being told and then trying to prove that his "wifey's" good intentions were not "genuine" ... even if it isn't genuine, we don't really have to go all the way and prove it .. do we?
Well, anyway, no offence intended or taken in any of my previous posts .. We're all here just for the stars aren't we? =)

Cheers,
Jeremy Ng
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Hi 2005-passat, sorry if I sound a little bit aggressive and rude. But I'm just stating the fact just in case a good intentioned Singastro ppls might get tricked into buying a useless 'cert' to name or honour a person. Just to side track a little, there are some stars that have name to them, to remember a peron in history. For example, Canes Venacti, the alpha star is known as Cor Corali, it is named after king Richard II of the 15 century, for his crusade quest. :shock: 8-)
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Well, as for me, I was not trying to 'rub it in'. I was just trying to help him find the star which his wife registered for him. If that's a crime then I apologize.
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
jermng

Post by jermng »

:lol: Hee hee ... Hey man, like I said, no offence eh? =) Well, I've been trying to find the star too ... :idea: maybe someone with GOTO can key in the coordinates and see what they find ... :D

Cheers!
Jeremy Ng