Bino

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
jermng

Post by jermng »

Yeah, but you gotta come down to Lim Chu Kang area to meet us ... will let you know again ...
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
klutz

Post by klutz »

Yeah, but you gotta come down to Lim Chu Kang area to meet us ... will let you know again ...
LCK.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Aryanto

Post by Aryanto »

Yes Yes LCK area good for obbing. Dead people dont use lights.
klutz

Post by klutz »

If I go there, I may join those "dead" too... My husband will guarantee that....
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
jermng

Post by jermng »

Ask your husband to come with you lor ... bodyguard ... HAHA ... and can influence him to like Astro too ... then easier to buy more stuff and go out for ob next time ... that's what I did ... now I'm only the person setting up and packing up .. my gf will ob .... HAHAHA ...
Or tell your husband you going with policeman ..very safe one .. HAHA ...
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
klutz

Post by klutz »

The problem is, he doesn't like Astro, no interest on stars/moon etc... and he didn't really like me being in this Forum, talking to you ppl, going obb, loaning bino from "strangers". He didn't like anything with me that involves other men. If I ask him go all the way to LCK with me, I think he'll ask me to stop visiting this Forum totally. If you can influence him, I'll give you watever I have...

Okay, let's go back to the Bino topic, else "AirCon" will come after us... remember?

I would greatly appreciate if you can arrange for me to view your 20x80 somewhere in town or in the East...? Or at least not so faaaar West. :)

Thanks
jermng

Post by jermng »

The other alternative would be when I go to Changi/Tampines to ob with WX ... then you can join us ...
Or can wait for when Jenny/Daniel, ShiJing/Jack, Salome/Me and WX go ob in CHangi, then there'll be 3 other girls ... then you can invite him along also ... We do talk bout alot of other things other than astro when we're there .. so can treat it more like a picnic ... :)

But in that case it'll be hard to get rlow along unless someone fetches him and I'm normaly activated to ob last min by WX when I'm outside - like last week ... :)

Back to binos - it'll be best to test/try them under reasonable dark skies for best results.

But like I said before ... I'll let you know again ... :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
rlow

Post by rlow »

But in that case it'll be hard to get rlow along unless someone fetches him and I'm normaly activated to ob last min by WX when I'm outside - like last week ...
Hi Jeremy,

Well, if there is a East Ob Activation, you or WX can let me know via sms. I may probably be in town and I can go East myself.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

klutz wrote:The problem is, he doesn't like Astro, no interest on stars/moon etc... and he didn't really like me being in this Forum, talking to you ppl, going obb, loaning bino from "strangers". He didn't like anything with me that involves other men. If I ask him go all the way to LCK with me, I think he'll ask me to stop visiting this Forum totally. If you can influence him, I'll give you watever I have...

Okay, let's go back to the Bino topic, else "AirCon" will come after us... remember?

I would greatly appreciate if you can arrange for me to view your 20x80 somewhere in town or in the East...? Or at least not so faaaar West. :)

Thanks
oh...first time I noticed you are actually a "she"..
from your previous avatar, I thought you are some sort of heavy metal singer

anyway, if your husband is concerned about your safety, the best solution is to buy a bino and go to the rooftop of your multistorey car park to observe. arm yourself with a ground sheet , maybe an inflatable support pillow. that way, your husband can see you...

if you have any queries, you can always post it here...

alternatively. you can join the astronomical society of singapore and do it at the science centre...Albert has a weath of experience to share even if you did not buy anythng from him....
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Hmm... I went to a shop to ask about the price of a Minolta binocular, they told me that Minolta Singapore had just clear all their stock of binocular... :( :( I just wonder did the binocular business also sold to Sony since it under the photographics product divion which sold to Sony?? :( :(

Hope they don't stop the binoculars business or hope Sony will continue it if it'll go under Sony in the future.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: