Bino

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
jermng

Post by jermng »

klutz wrote: This means I can "date" Weixing every Saturday night... Perhaps I should prepare some nice desserts for my wonderful Mentor, in exchange for all the "forces"..... :)
WX, beware ... you dun happen to be a "happy man" right???!! HAHA .... :lol: :lol:

*kidding*
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
rlow

Post by rlow »

Hi,

Quote:I should prepare some nice desserts

I got a feeling that more people will join me in Tampines now... ha ha ha
Wow! Tampines now has WX & Astronomy with Gastronomy sessions! Unfortunately that is too far away lah....
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Nevermind, there is always the bedok LJS (Long John Silver) carpark group. haa.
AstroDuck
rlow

Post by rlow »

Yeah, the West team seem to be dormant lately... anyone seen David in action?
jermng

Post by jermng »

Seems he's organizing some kind of moon watch party ..... dunnoe much though ... hee hee ...

Anyway, we seem to have jumped at least 3 different topics .... Bino to big APO to DeathStar and star wars to desserts to east and west obbing groups ..... and Airconvent hasn't said anything .... something's amiss!! Airconvent!! Where are you?? Are you ok??? :) hee hee ...
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

ha ha..thanks "dy moderator"...
sometimes its difficult to draw the line where "acceptable deviation" is....but you're right...let's get back to the Bino topic...
any discussion on dating between weixing and klutz can be taken in the coffee corner instead....ha ha...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
jermng

Post by jermng »

HAHA ... was just kidding .. ;)

Oh yeah, forgot to add the part bout dating ... hee hee ...

Anyway, let me just say that binocular astronomy is getting more and more addictive ... I can just bring my binos and tripod down even if just for 5 mins ... bettter than a Grab+Go scope ... :)

Even bought a spare quick release plate for my 410 so I can share my mount with binos and Megrez ... :)

Klutz ... good choice starting with Binos!!

Ok .. we should be back on track now ... HAHA ..

(Wow! I feel super mischievious these few days ... )
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
klutz

Post by klutz »

Anyway, we seem to have jumped at least 3 different topics .... Bino to big APO to DeathStar and star wars to desserts to east and west obbing groups ..... and Airconvent hasn't said anything .... something's amiss!! Airconvent!! Where are you?? Are you ok??? hee hee ...
Jeremy, your sentence above really tickles. My saliva were splattered all over my monitor screen.. hahaha..... *oops*

By the way, met up with Junwei just now. Another nice and patient mentor. I've loaned his 10x50 bino. He gave me a short lesson on the 215B carpark!! :D A great place for obbing indeed. Can lie and sit etc. ( Weixing, perhaps we should find a good multi-storey carpark in Tampines too)

The sky was very clear earlier. It was great viewing the sky flat on the ground. We even saw a fast moving "star", trekking across the Orion. We were wondering if it's a plane or satellite or UFO. Too high up for a plane, I guess. I had problems viewing with the big binos. Keep seeing 2 moons, 2 stars etc... my left eye doesn't coordinate very well with my right. :(

Airconvent, pardon me please if I'm off topic... I don't know if I am... :p

Good nite, folks!
Kat
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Weixing, perhaps we should find a good multi-storey carpark in Tampines too
Last time, I did go to the multi-storey opposite my block to observe, but I didn't observe there anymore after the friendly police come ask us not to observe there, because someone live near the multi-storey car park compliant about us using telescope there... :( :(
Keep seeing 2 moons, 2 stars etc... my left eye doesn't coordinate very well with my right.
I also got this problem with most bino... only the Minolta bino don't give me this problem yet.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
klutz

Post by klutz »

So unfair!! Why did the ppl complain at all?!?! There are no multi-storey carpark in Tampines that won't be near to HDB flats? Or we can try at other carpark, untill the whole of Tamp complain..? :D
I also got this problem with most bino... only the Minolta bino don't give me this problem yet.
Junwei dun have the same problem as us... Was it due to "lazy eye"?
Hmm... should be with 20x80 you'll see more with a neck pain, with 10x50 you'll observe more comfortably. Ha ha ha
I can understand why now... It took me more than half an hour to adjust the bino. My neck and arms nearly broke holding the 10x50, arching to find the correct stars etc... But hey, Jeremy, can I still have a look at your 20x80? I'm curious... :D

Curiousity Kills The Kat...