Next Star Gazing Session

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Thxs Alvin and sorry for being rude.

I told RicII that I was not ready for Mersing yet when we were at the GP ob. Understand Zong is organising one at TP Park this Sat which is good for us newbies to see more stars before seeing the whole heaven. After seeing the whole heaven, the rest may not be interesting and newbies interest after it may die.

Anymore other obs in Sg?
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

It's OK, Clifford... I was merely stating my belief in Singastro as a community-service potential... I am a naturalist and an educator at heart.

I understand that Weixing does obs regularly on Saturdays at Tampines... I have yet to join him. Perhaps we should pay the eastern sky a visit... Journey to the East... :mrgreen:
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi Weixing, how to know whether your ob is on or off so that the non-Easterner can join you?
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Hi Weixing, how to know whether your ob is on or off so that the non-Easterner can join you?
Usually, I'll post it here...

Anyway, let's see how the weather this few days. If weather is ok, then we'll have one this saturday night.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
byang

Re: Next Star Gazing Session

Post by byang »

Hi Everyone, I was about to post a new thread asking for suggestion of a good (& safe) observation site around Gelang Patah area but managed to find this thread and well looks like it is a good time to revive it! May I check with those who have participated in that trip how to get to this site, with the GPS co-ordinates if possible? Thanks!
Gary

Post by Gary »

byang wrote:Hi Everyone, I was about to post a new thread asking for suggestion of a good (& safe) observation site around Gelang Patah area but managed to find this thread and well looks like it is a good time to revive it! May I check with those who have participated in that trip how to get to this site, with the GPS co-ordinates if possible? Thanks!
Hi Byang. Assuming your "that trip" refers to the Tampines Observation Session, you can follow this official thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4910

The location is stated in the first post. Hope this helps.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
byang

Post by byang »

Thanks Gary, I am referring to their trip to gelang patah.
Gary

Post by Gary »

byang wrote:Thanks Gary, I am referring to their trip to gelang patah.
Ok. Initially thought your post were related the immediate post before yours which was Weixing mentioning about "usually posting it here". :)

Just finish reading this 16-page thread. It would have been much clearer if the topic title includes a "Johor" or "Gelang Patah".

Seems like this thread starter astrobabe is no longer active in this forum. Her last post was back in 2006. So byang, I suggest you start a new thread "Stargazing in Gelang Patah". Those members who have participated in the Johor trip mentioned in this thread can continue to contribute there.

Btw, enjoyed the poems in this thread. lol. Would be nice to see the trip/group photos of this trip again since the image links here are dead.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
byang

Post by byang »

Hi Gary, like you I have also read through the 16 pages but could not seem to find the exact location where they have the stargazing in GP (seafood restaurant locations I know most of them though!). Was hoping that some of those who have gone for the trip could share with me so I don't have to "search in the dark". :-)
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi Byang,

I was one of them who went for that trip, but frankly I don't know the address, it was Astrobabe who brought us there, one of those property development around GP, my best guess is Leisure Farm Resort. I remembered we exited at GP junction, then drive some distance southward cross under the expressway before reaching the place. In the development, most of the street light were off or very dim as compare to those of Sg. However, there was skyglow from Sg, otherwise the place is much darker than Sg.