Bushnell Binoculars.

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
jasonkid

Bushnell Binoculars.

Post by jasonkid »

Hi guys!

How much will u pay for a bushnell binocular model 13-7501?How much is it worth spending on it?S$200 or S$300?
Thanks!

Actually,its a 7X50,nitrogen purged fogproof,waterproof,UVcoating,O Ring sealed,extended eye relief 20mm,light efficiency 78.8.I bought it at Photo n image fair2003,suntec.it cost me S$268.Was i chop? :?
Last edited by jasonkid on Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Bushnell Binoculars.

Post by Airconvent »

jasonkid wrote:Hi guys!

How much will u pay for a bushnell binocular model 13-7501?How much is it worth spending on it?S$200 or S$300?
Thanks!
what's the specs? if its standard 7x50 or 10 x50, I guess well below a $100.
How do I conclude? For $100, you can get the very good quality Minolta Classic. So why should I pay more than that for a brand new Bushnell ?
I have never used Bushnell before but they do have a reputation similar to the defunct Tasco, i.e. department store quality.
If your specs are higher, i.e. 12 x60, etc, then its a bit more difficult to ascertain the cost....
Samuel may be able to help here?
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

Topic moved from First Hand News to Equipment Discussions due to irrelevant content. The thread for First Hand News is for users to post announments and news.
elton

Post by elton »

I think the price you paid for it is ok if the optics are reasonably good. The good thing about getting nitrogen purged binos is that they don't gather fungus and will (hopefully) last a long time. My first cheapo binos was fungused after 5 yrs (no dry cabinet then). Waterproof also means you don't have to worry about seaspray, just wash off with distilled water, just don't submerge it into a pail or something like that. It is recommended that you get the binos repurged after 10 yrs to keep them fungus free.
jasonkid

Post by jasonkid »

Thanks Elton...

Does anybody knows where to get a binocular tripod adapter in Singapore?I've tried most of the camera shops but still no luck.I'm going to try Sim Lim Sq this weekend,hope to get 1 soon. :D
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

jasonkid wrote:Thanks Elton...

Does anybody knows where to get a binocular tripod adapter in Singapore?I've tried most of the camera shops but still no luck.I'm going to try Sim Lim Sq this weekend,hope to get 1 soon. :D
Samuel from Harlequinastronomics sells them. You can also get original ones in Lucky Plaza. It seems harder to find in sls but you can try...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Kcsquare76

Post by Kcsquare76 »

Have you tried Penisular plaza?
I bought mine a yrs ago but cannot remember which shop is it
worst come to worst go to astro scientific lor
jasonkid

Post by jasonkid »

hey thanks guys!
got 1 at $22,some wanna chop me with $40!my goodness!but alot of professional photographers around peninsular,things r ex n high quality.
do i need a dry cabi for my bino n digi-cam?any recommendation for tripod for a beginner's use on bino?my free gift tripod can't make it, its too heavy for him!ahahha!!!!
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

jasonkid wrote:hey thanks guys!
got 1 at $22,some wanna chop me with $40!my goodness!but alot of professional photographers around peninsular,things r ex n high quality.
do i need a dry cabi for my bino n digi-cam?any recommendation for tripod for a beginner's use on bino?my free gift tripod can't make it, its too heavy for him!ahahha!!!!
You can try some of SLIK's heavier duty camera tripods, or if you want something that'll last, Manfrotto's 190D tripod @ S$110+ and a matching video head like the 128LP @ S$70+ (not sure if still available) or 700RC @ S$110+ would be fine. You can keep the Manfrotto setup even if you upgrade to a telescope (short tube refractor up to 4" or small SCT/MCT up to 5") in the future.

But for a 50mm, I don't think you'll really need a tripod for it. I think the $ would be better spent on a nice foldable deck chair :lol:
Samuel Ng
jasonkid

Post by jasonkid »

most likely will b getting e manfrotto 1,but have to c e model 1st.i need a tripod cos to show the objects to my young cousins,letting them hand e bino is a risk man.hehe!also carrying it 4 a long time will get "sng"(tired) leh,hoh?