Greetings from a new member from Mumbai!

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
Sandeep10

Post by Sandeep10 »

Hi All,

Sandeep (from Mumbai-INDIA) staying in Choa Chu Kang
=> any one around in this area :?:

Loves Astronomy+(Astro)Photography.... witnessed+photograph of TOTALITY on 24Oct1995 at Hamirpur-UttarPradesh, (few glimpse due to weather) 11Aug1999 at Bhuj-Gujrat. And Venus Transit on 8Jun2004 at Bombay.
=> www.khagolmandal.com

Looking forward for more in SINGAPORE...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL SINGASTROAINS...!
:)
Best Regards
Happy+Clear Sky Watching
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Welcome to SingAstro!! :D :D

That's a nice website and hope you can share with us the "happening" in the India Amateur Astronomers Community!!

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

welcome , Sandeep!
I think the skies in choa chu kang would not be anywhere as clear as in Mumbai? :lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Sandeep10

Post by Sandeep10 »

Airconvent wrote:welcome , Sandeep!
I think the skies in choa chu kang would not be anywhere as clear as in Mumbai? :lol:
Yes Airconvent(can I know ur name pls?), you R right, but in Mumbai we use to go outskirts for any events/away from main city say around 40km+ (travel by local train around 1hour), stay over night at the observation field & return next day morning, else even Mumbai city/home is sometimes clear.... :)

here I don't have any telescope....just Nikon D50 with 200mm zoom.
Any group around here/CCK or Jurong who does regular star gazing?
as it has been long time gap for me for real observations...photography, how & were do u all go for these kinda activity and how often?
Ooops....r they tooo many Q?s :?:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Sandeep10 wrote:
Airconvent wrote:welcome , Sandeep!
Yes Airconvent(can I know ur name pls?), you R right, but in Mumbai we use to go outskirts for any events/away from main city say around 40km+ (travel by local train around 1hour), stay over night at the observation field & return next day morning, else even Mumbai city/home is sometimes clear.... :)

here I don't have any telescope....just Nikon D50 with 200mm zoom.
Any group around here/CCK or Jurong who does regular star gazing?
as it has been long time gap for me for real observations...photography, how & were do u all go for these kinda activity and how often?
Ooops....r they tooo many Q?s :?:
Hey..that's like us going to Mersing except Mersing is about 2-3 hrs drive away... Check out the observation section for updates on sessions. weixing conducts regular ones in tampines as long as the weather is fine but these days its raining.
my name is richard, also known as richardI. there's another richard here (rlow), so to avoid confusion, we call him richardII...heh heh
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets