Want to Buy: Quality Laser Collimator

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
rlow

Want to Buy: Quality Laser Collimator

Post by rlow »

Obviously this is for the 11" dob (and future 15" dob). Anyone with one to sell, please SMS or send PM to me. Thanks! :)
Last edited by rlow on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Low
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Rlow, perhaps you can buy other brand laser collimators that have barlow attachment? Most importantly it must be collimatable and holds collimation well. It need not necessary be the most expensive ones. Howie Glatter collimators are good mechnanically and the laser concentricity as stated by him is very impressive of 15 arc sec!

I accidentally dropped hard my Howie Glatter laser collimator and I recollimated it at 60 arc sec (0.017 degree. At distance of 5m, the beam deviates off its axis by only 3mm. Most mechanical tolerances, I do not think can even achieve such precision) concentricity which is good enough for my dob of about 1.5m focal length. Furthermore, I only need one light path which is 1.5m for aligning my secondary mirror as using the barlow for the primary mirror do not require a highly accurate laser collimator. Howie was willing to recollimate my laser collimator for free but it would mean sending it all the way to USA. :)

So, if the laser collimator can be collimated (which I think most cheaper ones need to be), I can assist in helping to collimate it but I cannot assure a 15 arc sec collimation done by Howie.
AstroDuck
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Richard, you can use my 2" Howie Glatter for the next three weeks (will be travelling overseas).
rlow

Post by rlow »

Yang Beng and Arief, thanks for your advice and help! :)
Richard Low