saturn and jupiter pic

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
dew

saturn and jupiter pic

Post by dew »

hi all, last night (1 jan 04) was a really steady night, hardly a twinkle i could see in the stars so took the oportunity for some photos of saturn..
the one of jupiter was taken a couple of nights ago, but the interesting thing about it is the black dot on the planets surface.. i assume its a shadow from one of its moons.. pretty cool, didnt realise that i could catch it on a photo..

eu-wen

[Picture edited by NovaFusion on 04-01-2004]
Picture of Saturn edited to smaller in size. Please upload pictures to the photo album instead and link the pictures over to the threads. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

Post the pictures in the photo album links as posting the photos here will be kind of a waste.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Also, can make viewing of the photos more pleasent for all by trimming off the excess 'space'. Thanks! :)

cheers
cc
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Great shot!!! Try to stack more frames next time.
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

Your photos are impressive.
Care to share how you got them?
dew

Post by dew »

Care to share how you got them?
umm how do i show how i got them? each is a stack of a couple of pics, the number is on their title, each pic at 1/8 sec ISO 200 zero in-camera sharpening or processing. stacked and processed using registrax. yup..

eu-wen
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

What kind of instrument?
dew

Post by dew »

What kind of instrument?
ETX 125 and a nikon 4300 digicam..
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Euwen,
Great pics! you should consider uploading the ones for Saturn to the ETX website and let them see that the scope can do! most of their shots there are similar to my earlier efforts.
I have the same set up, albeit an ETX105 but would be interested to know if I can get the same results. When will you be imaging again? would like to do this side by side with you.
For future pics, can I request that everyone should post BOTH the raw image and stacked image to see the difference between the 2.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

dew wrote:
What kind of instrument?
ETX 125 and a nikon 4300 digicam..
Thanks for the info man.....
But how did u get this kind of magnification?
Were u using eyepiece projection, or what?