Peleng 8mm f/3.5 fisheye?

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
aquillae

Peleng 8mm f/3.5 fisheye?

Post by aquillae »

Hi guys,

do you know if anyone/store in Singapore supplies this lens?

Thanks,

Jeff
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I think you'll have more repond if you put this in ClubSnap ( http://forums.clubsnap.org/ ).

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

thanks alot Weixing.
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

Bought mine from her (she's a good and responsible seller)...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=245544

Interesting lens... I've yet to use it for whole-sky astrophotography :)
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

sweet, thanks a lot Alvin:)
addy

Post by addy »

for the same price or a little more, I would recommend a Sigma 8mm f/4 lens.. The sigma lens is optically better and is a true full circle fish eye lens..

The Peleng though interesting is not a true ful circle.. the top and the bottom areslightly chopped (like an orange)..

If you are using a full frame DSRL (or film cam), you will notice the top and bottom parts slightly chopped.. Otherwise on most of prosumer DSLRs, you will not notice it.
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

addy wrote:for the same price or a little more, I would recommend a Sigma 8mm f/4 lens.. The sigma lens is optically better and is a true full circle fish eye lens..

The Peleng though interesting is not a true ful circle.. the top and the bottom areslightly chopped (like an orange)..

If you are using a full frame DSRL (or film cam), you will notice the top and bottom parts slightly chopped.. Otherwise on most of prosumer DSLRs, you will not notice it.
Any idea how much a Sigma 8mm f/4 lens cost?
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

Thanks for the input, Addy.

I got a local quote (Indonesia) for the Sigma 8mm f/4 lens and it's around 1000SGD.

The Peleng lens would cost me around 450SGD(shipped off E-bay) or 480SGD off Ullyss (if it's still available).

so pretty much the Sigma lens would cost around 2x of the Peleng lens, unless I got a really bad quote.

decision decision....:)
addy

Post by addy »

I am sorry for the late reply.. wasn't online for the last few days..

I bought mine at around $600 (new) a couple of years back.. Din know that the price of Sigma has gone up that high.. You can check the quotations from Alan photo in singapore (alanfoto@singnet.com.sg) or cathay photo (email@cathayphoto.com.sg) or MS color (sales@mscolor.com.sg or mscolot@singnet.com.sg).. I believe that you can get better price from them, but shipping could be an issue.

regards
Andy
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

Thanks again for the info Andy.

cheers,
Jeff
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com