WTB: SCT adapter for Sky-Watcher 127 Mak-Cass

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

!!!!!!!! now then you post!! AAGGGHHH~~~!!!!! I sold my MCT already.. I think berkamp_ will be interested still!!
hommel

Post by hommel »

Meng Lee wrote:ok, if a focal reducer is made dedicated for the scope, then image will be brighter (because the object is now smaller) and will not degrade the image, in fact, most dedicated reducers flatten the field and gives you a flatter view :)

Possible to loan me one to test it out before i consider buying one? With an extra element in the light path i still can believe it'll brighten up the image :D
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

hommel wrote:
Meng Lee wrote:ok, if a focal reducer is made dedicated for the scope, then image will be brighter (because the object is now smaller) and will not degrade the image, in fact, most dedicated reducers flatten the field and gives you a flatter view :)

Possible to loan me one to test it out before i consider buying one? With an extra element in the light path i still can believe it'll brighten up the image :D
just imagine a magnifying glass doing the sunray exeriment. it concentrates the light source from a wider field to a narrower field, so the light is now more concentrated therefore 'brighter'

try this link http://www.isomedia.com/homes/cvedeler/ ... ducers.htm
it explains how it works and why is it brighter.
hommel

Post by hommel »

Thats a very informative link. But it talks about improvement with regards to imaging, what about visual performance?
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Oops now then I post because the shipping took quite a long time.

Hommel: Visually, its essentially a smaller and brighter view with rather bad abberations at the edges. Ok, I can lend you a SCT reducer to try out.
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

me too.. can lend to try?
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

lend SCT reducer is possible. best if you can bring your stuff to nus here and try it out (I can provide mount) under the skies (I can provide the rooftop).