Interesting stuff - MLM and Telescopes

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
addy

Interesting stuff - MLM and Telescopes

Post by addy »

Hi.. while surfing around.. I hit upon this yahoo auction by rich88man88 http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com ... cview=0x23.. when I followed the link provided in the auction, interestingly I found that eCosway which is another MLM like Amway etc is promoting these telescopes.. What a way, now you can buy telescopes, refer your friends to buy them and enjoy points from your as well as ur referrals..

Interesting isn't it.. Could never think that a MLM will go promoting the telescopes..

cheers
Addy
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

wow .... and they overprice almost everything !!!!!!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Interesting stuff - MLM and Telescopes

Post by Airconvent »

addy wrote:Hi.. while surfing around.. I hit upon this yahoo auction by rich88man88 http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com ... cview=0x23.. when I followed the link provided in the auction, interestingly I found that eCosway which is another MLM like Amway etc is promoting these telescopes.. What a way, now you can buy telescopes, refer your friends to buy them and enjoy points from your as well as ur referrals..

Interesting isn't it.. Could never think that a MLM will go promoting the telescopes..

cheers
Addy
from the price of $2000, looks like they are selling the scopes in boxes of 50 pieces!! I don't think this scope can be any better than the $49.90 scope from Carfourre...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Tsk tsk tsk. These are the bad guys that will turn off eager amateur astronomers from buying telescopes (and perhaps astronomy as a whole)just by looking at the price tags. :x
Samuel Ng