20 inch reflective or refractive telescope

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.

20 inch reflective or refractive telescope

Post by Guest »

how many of you guys have a 20 inch reflective or refractive telescope
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Reflective or Refractive telescope??? You mean Reflector or Refractor Telscope... :)

I think no amateur astronomer in Singapore got a 20" Reflector... And I think only a few amateur astronomer in the world got and can afford a 20" Refractor....
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

20 inch!!!?! I don't see anyone having reflectors that large! And not to mention Refractors.
I have a 20inch 'tv' at home though :lol:

Regards,
Sam
addy

Post by addy »

I guess very few amateur astronomers have Dobs larger than 16".. I have seen some adverisements from meade regarding 18"/20" starmasters and guess some ppl must have bought it.. There is an interesting article about a 40" Dob here..

About Singapore.. I heard there was an ATM effort for an 18" Dob.. Dont know its progress...

20" refractors - forget about it.. It would be a monster and only some big observatories will have it specially order-made for them..

cheers
Addy