Some random astro-photography

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
hhzhang
Favourite scope: 115mm APO

Re: Some random astro-photography

Post by hhzhang »

You may want to try the free tool of Siril, although the image looks quite OK to me.

Siril.org
leslie128
Favourite scope: FRA600

Post by leslie128 »

LookingForScope wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:29 pm The sky was super clear around 1am to 2am on the 23rd of June so I did a bit of star gazing that turned into an improtu photog session on a random tiny "cluster"? (please correct me on the technical term!) Unfortunately focus wasnt perfect but still better than nothing I guess.

One question though, how do I remove the green colour in the middle of the image? I am using gimp and I remove undesired colours by substracting layers. Any other ways to do it or tips are very much welcome! Hoping for more clear skies soon!!

if you use Pixinsight, a process SCNR in NoiseReduction can remove the green in your image.
hhzhang
Favourite scope: 115mm APO

Post by hhzhang »

LookingForScope wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:03 am Stayed up late on the 2nd Dec and got this shot! Stacked around 430 frames together. This is many firsts for me. First time i shot widescape astro for Orion, first time I got the running man nebula, flame and a bit of horse head nebula. Also the first time I used flat frames in my stacking HAHA and to all the beginners out there, flat frames > everything else. Fixing vignetting in post is a no go.
Fuji X-T3 + Nikkor 85 F1.4 @ 2sec exposure, at F1.4 ISO 500 for 430 shots.
The ugly stars are kind of off putting, but at least it was still quite fun for me overall. Any tips to fix or prevent the ugly stars is appreciated! I am guessing its due to focus issue or the lens is just not made for astro due to chromatic abbreration.
Some UV filters may be helpful to reduce the CA fringing. Or you can try stopping down the aperture.