WTS - Tripods and mounts

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
akdwivedi
Favourite scope: celestron C6

WTS - Tripods and mounts

Post by akdwivedi »

Hi, selling a few tripods and mounts.

1) Orion Astroview Tripod and mount in a like new condition. - SGD275.

The tripod is aluminim tripod and mount is Astroview EQ3-2 mount (something similar to skywatcher CG-4). Its rated for a payload capacity of 12lbs. It comes with slow motion controls, polarscope and counterweight shaft. I dont have the counterweights but any counterweight with 20mm bore should work with it.

I modified the mount to work in Alt Az mode (search for cloudynight article on modifying this mount for alt az). the modification is non-destructive and I can set it back to default if you want.

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-9822-Astro ... B0000XMX9I

it is exactly the same mount as shown in link above. It sells for USD359 in US.. I am letting this go at SG300 only.. A very good beginner mount.

2) Manfrotto 190 aluminium tripod - SGD80
This a classic photo tripod, I have used for around 18+ years. Its rated for payload of around 10 kgs. Its light but very stable and can hold a decent payload. I had updated to gitzo traveller CF tripod but that shakes like a leaf during winds. This one doesnt move a bit. I have used this with Star adventurer and even az gti and it works very well.

3) Celestron Starsense DX tripod and mount - SGD 275
I purchased the whole set but really just wanted the C5 OTA for use with my Az Gti (as grab and go setup. I have no use of the tripod and the mount. The tripod is similar to astroview tripod listed above just that this one is black. The attached mount is a manual alt az mount with slow motion handles. It comes with a handphone attachment. just put your handphone and then follow the instructions to manually go to your desired celestial object. This would be perfect manual grab and go for a small SCT (I think it can take upto C8) or small refractor 400mm wide fields.

https://mcgill.com.sg/product/celestron ... orer-dx-5/

Please PM me at nine4five6 seven4one4 if you need these.

cheers
Andy
Last edited by akdwivedi on Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akdwivedi

Re: WTS - Tripods and mounts

Post by akdwivedi »

consolidated a few tripods and mounts.. Reason for sale is decluttering..
akdwivedi

Re: WTS - Tripods and mounts

Post by akdwivedi »

reduced prices.