WTG: TAKEN: iOptron Minitower Pro (not working)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
bernardchew

WTG: TAKEN: iOptron Minitower Pro (not working)

Post by bernardchew »

I have an old iOptron Minitower Pro computerised Alt-Az mount to give away to anyone who might want to try to repair it or salvage for spare parts. Includes everything in the original kit, including mount head, 1.5” tripod, 8401 hand controller, 4.2kg counterweight (compatible with newer iOptron mounts like CEM26), 12V 1.25A power adapter and cables.

It used to work fine, but after not using it for better part of 5 years, it appears to have failed. Now, when powering up, the hand controller lights up with the iOptron splash screen, but beeps at one second intervals without completing the initialisation. Could be a problem with the 8401 controller or electronics board on [img][/img]the mount.

PM me if interested. Self collect at Hillview Park condo.

Bernard
Last edited by bernardchew on Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tungkian

Re: WTG: iOptron Minitower Pro (not working)

Post by tungkian »

can i have it?
bernardchew

Post by bernardchew »

You can, though prefer if it’s collected asap. Need to clear the space at home :).
akdwivedi
Favourite scope: celestron C6

Post by akdwivedi »

you could switch on, and check if you can connect to the mount via wifi or usb cable to a PC with ioptron commander. Its a very good mount.
bernardchew

Post by bernardchew »

I tried connecting it to the PC via the USB cable a couple of weeks ago. The PC no longer recognises it. Hand controller is stuck at the initialisation screen and beeps continuously every 1/2 seconds. That’s why I’m surrendering it to whoever is able to give it a try - and perhaps succeed, or at least salvage it for the parts.
bernardchew

Re: WTG: TAKEN: iOptron Minitower Pro (not working)

Post by bernardchew »

Mount taken. Thanks.