WTB : Bino

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
delphiz

WTB : Bino

Post by delphiz »

hi, im looking for bino. Thanks =)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
May be you should give some basic information on what type of bino you are looking for?? Such as 7x50, 10x50 & etc.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
delphiz

Post by delphiz »

opps sorry about that. Basically im looking for bino suitable for beginners/to get me started exploring ;P. Intending to get a telescope, but i fear that I may not use it (in the future perhaps) plus bino is much more portable. I don't know much about the binocular specs tho. Budget wise, well if it is a good deal, I can consider it =)
annechan

Post by annechan »

Hi, I'm also looking for a bino to start learning my way among the stars :D Would a 7x50 be good enough? How about a 10x50? Is there any significant difference between the two?
Would a budget of $120-150 be enough?
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

If you know of anyone going to HK, as him/her to help, go to Grandeye and get the bino for you. Alternatively, you can write to him (Anthony) to order, but you have to pay extra for casher order charge and shipment. Good for newbies b4 you upgrade to the next level.

Below is his website and price for some of the bino in HK$

http://www.grandeye.com.hk

FULLY MULTI-COATED, BAK-4 7X50 BINOCULARS -------- 250
FULLY MULTI-COATED, BAK-4 10X50 BINOCULARS ------- 270
10x60 BAK-4 FULLY MULTI-COATED BINOCULARS -------- 350
8x42 WPIII ROOF PRISM NITROGEN FILLED TRIPLET BINOCULARS ---- 580
10x42 WPIII ROOF PRISM NITROGEN FILLED TRIPLET BINOCULARS --- 600
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Hi Anne
Your budget should be sufficient. Read this article to get an idea of what to look out for in a bino:
http://www.singastro.org/web/mediawiki/ ... Binoculars

I would go window shopping at lucky plaza to get an idea of the binos available in Singapore and then check out reviews of those binos on the web. Find one that suits you and then go back to the shops with your best bargaining skills. :) Perhaps others here who have been shopping for binos recently can give you more specific information.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
tungkian

Post by tungkian »

hi there. you can try Lord's Camera in lucky plaza. i got a nikon 10x50 from them for 120 something a year or so back. call and ask them for their best price, don't turn up at the shop and say you want this or you want that.
shoelevy

Post by shoelevy »

i have a 15x70 celestron skymaster for sale. u can read more about it on the celestron website
rarely ever used since i got telescope shortly after getting it.
been kept in dry cabinet.
free from surface defects and molds, i'd confidently say the condition is still 10/10
i'm open to price offers so if u're interested just pm me (pls don't ask me for best price, just offer me something not ridiculous)