Test Market : Meade ETX105EC

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Test Market : Meade ETX105EC

Post by Airconvent »

Hi fellas,
I am in discussion for a possible 8" deal. If this deal goes through, that means my ETX105EC will be available for sale.
Just want to check if there are any interested parties out there? Do make me a reasonable offer via PM , as this is also one of the criteria for me deciding to go for the 8" or not.. Please note that sale is contingent that the 8" sale goes through.
Scope is a 4" Goto with UHTC, Autostar, original controller, 26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl manual and box.
I had a aluminium adapter plate specially made to interface the scope to a manfrotto mount. The plate comes with holes for holding the autostar and 3 eyepieces. Scope is more than a year old.

For more info :
http://www.meade.com/catalog/etx/etx_mak.html

Thanks for looking
rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

But how much do you want to sell it for? That is the question ;). BTW, which 8" Scope are you eyeing on?
Kelvin

Scope Power !

Post by Kelvin »

Yes, how much you selling it for, if the price is right, i would be the first !
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Scope Power !

Post by Airconvent »

Kelvin wrote:Yes, how much you selling it for, if the price is right, i would be the first !
Hi Kelvin,
As per my PM reply, from your constraints and considerations, you would be better served by an ETX90RA as a beginner scope and move from there. That is how I progressed anyway. If you have no transport, the ETX90RA will give you better mileage as it is easily transportable in spotting scope mode, (i.e. remove the fork mount!) Goto scopes are not cheap for the aperture. The complete 4" ETX105EC package can cost around $2000 brand new.. So you roughly know how much you will need to offer for a successful deal...

cheers
rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets